Monday, June 9, 2014

Smashup Monday

This is my latest problem good deed. This little guy is Guido. Yes, his dad is Italian. He's a friendly little guy but....................
Remember how I lovingly hot glued my favorite flip-flops back together?
Hot glue obviously made my flip-flops taste better.
Little bastard! He's not as cute as he was in the first picture, now is he?
He also spilled Den's beer which upset Den more than the flip-flops. Guido also wanted to play with the cats. Sue is a natural-born killer and went after him. Guido backed down like no other. Harry the old and fat cat decided to piss on my bed(we pitched the topper and the actual mattress was fine. The fucking water proof cover did not do its job!) and hide. Oh joy. The cats got to spend some time in the laundry room.
The best news is that I got a hypoallergenic cover for the mattress and my eyes aren't as swollen in the morning and I now know that I want no more animals.
I'm dog sitting for my bestie in a few days too. I'm sure it will be fine. What else can go wrong?
I got $3 from Pinecone and $26.54 from BP.
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$75           Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $379.58 for our 2014 Christmas!


I have also learned the editing and doing rewrites on my books are pure misery. I wrote the book and have read it 5 times, oh joy. Did you know that I have been writing for 10 years? And for what? I must like it, right, right?
Den and I have decided to try and be grownups. Shocking. Not shocker.
Den bought an Aflac policy from work. You know its one of those policies where if he gets hurt he gets his check for so many months. My FIL thinks this is a waste but for $10 a week, I'll gamble. One shove down the stairs, coming up.
And that's my life in a post,
Sonya Ann


12 comments:

slugmama said...

Before you shove make sure Den's life insurance is paid up....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Done and done.

Lena said...

Hey, I forgot Pinecone research in my "Christmas count"!

And I think, he's still adorable. Look at these eyes :)But you need to invest into a bunch of $ store flip-flops just for him :)

Cheapchick said...

Anything that bloody cute definitely has a bad side, I am sure you went after the cute bad boys in highschool, right? Just think of your sandals as a recycled dog toy. And a reason to go buy brand new ones! Always an upside to these things, but can't think of one with the spilled alcohol. The dog definitely needs to learn to quit doing that.

Jane said...

Ok, but where does the duck fit in?? Are you going to ducksit also? (try saying ducksit quickly a few times lol!)
I hate editing and re-editing, I'll only do it wonce!

McVal said...

Once we don't have any more kids in the house, ALL the animals are going to be gone!!!!

I have spoken.

Frances said...

Be sure and make that shove down the stairs look like an accident!! Insurance policies won't pay you if you kill the insured.

No....I have no experience in this. I just know.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I know about the cheap flip-flops. Den was like, "why are you upset, they cost what a dollar or two?" No, they were suede.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-And bad boys get you nowhere. LOL
Yes, I see some shoe shopping in my future and maybe some alcohol shopping.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I guess you wouldn't know about the Aflac duck being in Canada and all. The duck is there mascot. He doesn't quack, he says Aflac.
LOL-wonce!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You should speak more often. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm hoping that the dog will trip him.