Monday, June 2, 2014

Smish Mosh Monday on a Monday!!!

I forgot to post a picture of DJ after he graduated! I'm only 3 weeks late.
It was a mess that weekend. Grandpa's funeral was the day after graduation so we had more family at the graduation than expected and a small party that we hadn't planned on. It worked out.
Three massive dollars from Pinecone research puts me at.......................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$72           Pinecone research
$152.55     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $350.04 for our 2014 Christmas!
Cutting and pasting is so much easier than writing something new!
The phlox in the front yard are beautiful this year.

Even with all of the craziness, we managed to get the plants in the ground. So that makes me happy and gives me more work to do. ;p
Don't look at the terrible crack between the stoop and the sidewalk. Did you ever look around your home and think I will never get it all fixed? Den started rattling off things that needed to be fixed/replaced and then he looked at me and said, "let's just move." Yup, I think that everyday! It seems as if all of our hard work never gets us anywhere.
The jackass is still with us. I may plant him in the damned yard if he doesn't straighten up.
The middle yard(sort of like middle earth from LOTR. At least, that is our joke) is coming together. Don't look at the messed up overhang-that was the last straw for Den and was what he went off about moving. Hell, I'll pack!
This is my salad bowl and my basket. I have been collecting things to plant in for months. I just can't walk away from a cute basket. Makes me wonder what I did in my last life.
Den thinks its funny that I planted a salad.
So do you see what I see?
Oh yes, I did! Ya'll that is lettuce growing, THAT I PLANTED! Or maybe it's weeds.
This is a long post, sit down and rest. Too many pictures, maybe?
We ended up buying a new table and umbrella. The bottoms were ripped out or in the process of being ripped out of the old chairs. I did manage to get a good deal on the table and chairs only $99 for all 5 pieces from Lowes. They made their money back on the umbrella though. It was $88. I just hope that it lasts.
That's the plant that I bought myself for Mother's day. We skipped it this year because we were traveling back from seeing grandpa. Don't worry, I'll make it up to myself.LOL
DJ's car is still with us. The check engine light is on. Den's windshield if a mess and the brakes are bad on Anna's car. Whatever-we will be walking soon.
I bought this basket from a garage sale for $.50. I've planted about $4 worth of flowers in there. At the super posh gardening center that I went to, they were selling baskets like this one for $24.99. Mind you, the flowers were more full but give it time. Not too bad especially at my skill level.
Oh and the super posh gardening center is only slightly more expensive than Walmart or Menards for flowers and the flowers are so much healthier. See I splurge.
Also, I did a little digging-literally. I was poking around on the inside of one of the baskets at the gardening center to see what they lined it with and it was just thick plastic. I used a Jewel bag. See I'm still cheap. 
I planted 2 of the baskets. I spent about $9 and saved $41.
And there is a row of cherry tomatoes planted in the lopsided bricks. I say its a job for DJ to straighten them. Maybe that's why he isn't here very often, the chores!
We no longer have a pool filled with Smirnoff ice. Its clear just don't look at the dirty bottom. I'm getting there. I'm getting there.
I always throw the ugliest baskets on the deck for the pool. It's the custom.
And that's all I got for you. I think this might be the most pictures that I have ever posted in one post. Poor you.
Plants and projects,
Sonya Ann


10 comments:

slugmama said...

You had to go and mention Smirnoff Ice now, didn't you?
So much for drying out this week......

Cheapchick said...

If your salad bowl sprouts weeds, just throw them into the dinner salad and go ahead and eat them. Most weeds are eatable - just slap on some dressing!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think being sober is overrated. LOL. I'm sober now and not liking it. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-On occasion, I have fed my family weeds. I'm just not that great with growing things and serving them.

slugmama said...

I forgot to also say that thanks to your post I now have a cramp in my finger from scrolling thru all those lovely photos..... ;-)

And I am so proud of you for growing salad!
And it's actually GROWING!!!

Mama .bonnie said...

Love what you did with the yard. I'd give it a few more weeks and it will be lush and green. I give it a month and half for it to start dying thanks to the heat ;)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Self-medicate with alcohol for your finger pain.

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-At least, the pool will be warm. I love when its hot. I know I'm crazy. I would love to live on the equator. Well, I would probably start complaining after a few days.

Frances said...

Your lettuce babies are so cute!

Congrats on making baskets as good a the posh plant store.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I can't wait to eat my babies. LOL
And I was quite proud of Sonya!