Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tomato and Basil Pasta

I found a recipe online and have tweaked it a bit. Not twirked it, ewww. I may have ruined your meal.
The next time I make this I may add an extra can of tomatoes and cook it down longer. I thought it needed more tomatoes, DJ said that it was perfect the way it was. Maybe this recipe is more of a jumping off point. You decide. Oh and it does have some kick to it. Yay, for kick!

12 oz of pasta
14.5 oz can of zesty diced tomatoes
1 lg onion
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons dried oregano
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 cups veg broth
2 tablespoons olive oil

Dump it all in a pot bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir this a lot! The noodles clump but other than that, super easy. I'm sending this recipe off to Anna. I think she will love it.
Woo Hoo, carb overload.
Bon Appétit,
Sonya-not French-Ann

6 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Darn carbs, just as addicting as liquor. Cheers!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Amen just ask my thighs.

McVal said...

ooh!!! I was looking for something to feed my extended family coming over tonight. This might cut it!
Thanks!

Frances said...

Yummy!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I love this and DJ is a fan. That says a lot cuz he hates most things I make.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Damn tootin'