Thursday, June 12, 2014

Water Problems

toilets photo: Coolest Toilets Toilet23.jpg 
Did you ever have water problems? We live at the top of the hill and yet we have flooded before. We just seem to have something stupid happen every so often and it normally revolves around water or cars. But I'm sticking with water for this post.
Den was lovingly asleep on the couch downstairs, not from being banished but cuz he gets to cuddle the remote all night. I was enjoying have the bed to myself. And then it happened, I heard the toilet running and running. Well, I couldn't let that happen so I went in there and took the back off of the toilet. I poked around a bit and realized that I wasn't a plumber. I tried to shut the water off to the toilet but NO. The water gods weren't having it. It felt like the knob for the shut off valve was going to snap off. That was out of the question so I went back to fiddling around with the stopper at the bottom of the tank. Did you know that if you bump the old water hose with your arm, it will crack and spray water all over the walls? Well, now you know and so do I!
So Den happily got up and shut the water off. Who knew that it wouldn't snap?
The next day he put all new guts in the toilet. Yay, husband. Then he wondered aloud, what was our next two water problems. Sigh.
Later, I went to get water from the water dispenser from the frig and holy hell man. It spit and sputtered and made some evil noise. So I went running to Den again and said, "I found number 2!" Ok, I could have phrased that a bit better. But he should know that I'm an idiot after 20 years.
This one was an easy fix, he thought that air was in the line from when he shut off the water. He let it run for a while and it seemed to clear up. But the water has an odd smell and taste to it. Den and DJ can drink it, I'm back to tap water.
And on to number three. We have been trying to catch up on all of the yard work. I sent DJ to reposition the bird bath. He did it and added water. Good boy! So Den and I walked over by it to see what else we wanted to do up there and I shit you not, the damned thing fell over at our feet and cracked in half. That was the last straw for poor Den and he kicked it. Pelé would be proud.
Mind you, none of these things were terrible but we just can't stay away from water problems. I'm not even going to think about the pool because it seems to be going strong!
Water logged,
Sonya Ann

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have the 3's as well. Nothing lately - Thank God. Water is the worst though - even the small things. Add electrical problems and it is quite shocking!

Cheapchick said...

Our irrigation system cracked in the front yard...during an extreme dry bout. My hippie irrigation contractor didn't call/text back for five days (after I sent him another message) now we are on a full water ban for five days. Then he thinks he "might" be able to fit us in. I am going with a brown lawn this summer. That or I will just spray paint the dead grass green. Who would have thought it would be so bloody dry on the coast!

Cheapchick said...

And...I am really hoping my water thing is just 1 not 3 :)

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-Why is it 3s? Not that I'm asking for say 25s or anything. DO you think that we are just looking for 3 things?
I've done the electrical/water thing before. It was miserable.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-They had/have a company in Vegas that paints dead grass to help sell the abandoned homes. Maybe you could start one up by you!
You might need to find a new contractor.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-No kidding.

A.Marie said...

Hi there! Hey, did you at one time have your blog over at Wordpress? And, if you did, what did you think of Wordpress? I started a blog over there and absolutely do NOT like using Wordpress. For one thing, it is so confusing. And for another thing, it is SO CONFUSING!!!! UGH!!

Jennifer said...

No idea why it seems to come in 3's, but it does. Luckily, the good things come in 3's as well.

Jenny Woolf said...

You've seriously offended the water gods somehow. I think they're trying to tell you to stick to beer.

Mama .bonnie said...

I'm always having toilet issues on this house. I think it's because I have 5 men living here that are full of sh*t ;o)

Donna Freedman said...

Maybe the water gods are telling you to visit someplace dry. Like, maybe, Vegas.

Frances said...

I hope your water issues are over for a while.

Jane said...

Well as long as only Den and DJ drink from the fridge you should be fine :)

Sonya Ann said...

A.Marie-Well hello there stranger!
And having a REAL site seems too scary for me. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-I'm going to have to start looking for the good now. Wish it came in 30s!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Amen sister!

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-BAHAHAHAHA! Ewwwww!

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-Brilliant, I like how your mind works.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I doubt it, the pool is open. It likes to spring leaks. LOL.
I'm so paranoid that I checked it after typing it.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I ran it for a while and then it was fine but still something funky was going on.