Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cold and Wet Tip

I saw a tip on Pinterest about using ice cubes to get dents out of carpeting. Just set the cubes in the dents and let them melt. Anna's furniture had lived in the same place the entire time that she had her bedroom set. I will just say that it was some smashed fibers.

This worked really well, surprisingly. You just have to rub it a bit with your fingers after the ice has melted. When I used the carpet cleaner and rubbed it, it didn't fluff it up as much. I have no idea why.
This was my test area. The very bold dents were the ones that I tried to get up with the carpet cleaner only. Above it, was where I used an ice cube and rubbed it. It is really hard to see and so much better. So I'm giving this a thumbs up.

Remember how part of Anna's face was on the floor after we moved her dresser?

I have to say that I adore my carpet cleaner. It leaks and is heavy and awkward but it does the trick with the homemade carpet cleaner concoction. It actually looks worse in this picture than it really is. I think that my phone is just trying to make me look bad.
Now just to get a bed and some furniture for this room. Oh and to paint and to get all of DJ's college crap out of there. Oh and to find the money and time to work on this project. Oh and to get the supplies and knick-knacks. Oh and have the pictures made. This is turning into a bigger project than I thought. Maybe I should just close the door.
More project than money,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

McVal said...

lol! I'd probably just close the door until the creativity bug hits me hard.
Good job on that carpet! I was wondering how to get those dents out...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I think the creativity bug will hit me after DJ moves with all of his crap to college. It's quite the pile.

Cheapchick said...

I have used the ice cube trick before successfully as well. I don't know why it works but seems to do the job. I think everyone has more projects and money - that is life unfortunately. Unless of course, you get rid of all your worldly possessions and become a monk, but that has its drawbacks to lol.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I just need a few million dollars to finish my projects. LOL. And I may need to build a new house too, maybe one with a nice fence.

slugmama said...

Or you could just put furniture back using these footprint as the old furniture.....lolz

I even THINK like a lazy person!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm going to try and cover the dents but I'm not at the point where I can bring furniture in. I still have to get the boy gone.

Lena said...

Yes, it does work! I tried it before too :)

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Its an odd tip that works. YOu would think that the carpet cleaner would work too but it doesn't.

Jenny Woolf said...

Great idea. I have some dents in the carpet so I will try it with them.

Practical Parsimony said...

I do what slugmama suggested. However, I want my furniture where it was.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-:)

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-We got rid of the furniture and I'm only going to get a small dresser so I need to get some of them out.