Monday, July 28, 2014

Smish Smoshed Monday

I love this little flower and stand. I'm going to save it to my phone and then stare at it this winter. I do things like that. Hey, its cold here and I love the summer. Not that this weather really constitutes as summer. It's been a cold summer which means a cold winter. Am I a weather man, nope but my predictions will be more accurate. I saw a show on how if the water temperature of Lake Michigan is cold or warm it acts as a magnet for the jet streams and pulls the cold/warm air towards us. So we get stuck for a while with the cold or the warm weather. Because the cold water keeps pulling in cold air and it keeps the water temperature down and vise-versa. So it will be frosty here this winter. This is the only thing that I have seen that has held true in predicting the next season around here. Do you feel smarter for this info? I just feel colder.
Den and I are our biggest problems. Our garage sale-ing is making more work for us and costing us money. Den found this adorable latter for $2. The baskets cost $21. Not to mention the flat of flowers that cost $7.50. But its cute.
And I'm just as guilty as he is. $.50 for the wine box and about $7.50 for flowers. They were on clearance but all we did was spend money on something that I have to water. And water ain't cheap here. I blame us.
I blame both of us for this one. I'm just worried that we will be one of "those people" that have a ton of crap in their yard and don't realize that they are tacky. Gawkers will slow down to stare and we will think that they like it and in truth, they will be laughing.
My little herb garden is a bit overgrown but I feel like a success so I'm leaving it. Den may break out the clippers.
And we have cherry tomatoes, people! I'm just rocking this growing food thing!
The yard doesn't look cluttered from this angle. Hey see that tan house way in the back? Yeah they are fuckers. They just moved in and they let their teenage kids drink and throw parties. It is out of control. They are screaming at the top of their lungs at 3 am during the week. I haven't called the cops...........yet.
I bought the shells at a garage sale. Sigh, I'm going to need to dejunk outside next. Oh well, most of the stuff outside doesn't make it longer than a season or two.
I got a solid $3 from Pinecone, can I get a whoop whoop? No, not really.
So I have...................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$96            Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $400.58 for our 2014 Christmas!
I need more money!
And that's all she wrote,
Sonya Ann








8 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I love your outdoor stuff! They sure do look nice. I need more of that kind of stuff but am so cheap haven't found anything good recently for yards. Most people tend to keep there stuff as people can keep it out here year round (sorry, wasn't throwing that part in your face :))

Practical Parsimony said...

It's not tacky, just pretty. I solved the problem of six months of teens next door with two words to police--"underage drinking." If the parents are present, I would mention that, too. However, never complain to the family. They will get even. Ask me how I know. After all, if parents don't care, your talking to them is NOY going to help.

Lena said...

And that's why I stay away from garage sales this year,lol :) But it looks darling! I don't even have any flowers this year (other than my rose bushes) but my garden is doing pretty good.

McVal said...

Neighbors like that would drive me nuts! And I agree with Practical Parsimony. Make sure your call to the police is anonymous!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yeah, that was rubbing it in a bit. LOL. It's 59 right now and freezing. I hate living here.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-The problem is the cops come to your house after they go to the person disturbing the peace. They know who called then. It's not a good idea.
I guess we all have problems with neighbors. I do feel like moving to the middle of nowhere some times.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-But you have much better things growing at your house. ;p

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-They show up after they go to the house to make sure you know what is going on. Its just not a good set up.