Monday, August 25, 2014

Mish Moshed, Folding, and Chewed Monday


Happy Monday! Wow, I might be a bit too chipper for a Monday. Maybe I am adjusting to the new kid-free life.
We scored this folding laundry rack from a garage sale. It was $1. My plan is to save enough money drying clothes to pay for the kid's college. Den laughed and offered me more alcohol. Maybe I'll save enough to buy more alcohol.
And as you can see from the picture that I haven't done much with Anna's room. I'm still in the gathering stage. I'm doing the room in black, white, and gray. I'm going for a more mature feel. Either way, Anna will be happy. Not that I think she cares, its a place to crash when she visits.
I've been collecting picture frames from garage sales and the Goodwill and I'm going to find and print a bunch of her favorite pictures in black in white and I'm going to borrow a few like this one off the internet and mix them in in her room. It should be cheaper than trying to find black and white paintings/pictures. I was going to have a big picture printed at CVS but even that might be out of the budget. We are broke, have I said that before?
Anna's room also has no furniture other than her bed. I wanted to replace it with a full sized bed but I'm not sure about even that now. Den thinks that he can refinish a cheap dresser for her room. I love him but some projects he does right away, most others take a few years. Maybe it could be a joint project. Or maybe a drinking contest. Maybe both.
This is the charger cord for my cell phone. Sue, the destructor, has chewed the cord. We keep it plugged in at all times, meaning it has power all the time. I would have paid money to see that rodeo. It didn't take long for Sue to decide not to chew that anymore. I wonder if I can run an electrical current through the kitchen counters. It really might help with my diet though.
I received $6 from Pinecone. I'm excited. By Christmas I should have another $54 in the account. These numbers just don't seem to be moving fast enough.
So I have...................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$108            Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $412.58 for our 2014 Christmas!
And I think that you are caught up on my life. What's going on in your world?
Zapped,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

slugmama said...

Now if you would unplug that charger until you need it, you'd save even more for alcohol.

I read on a blog this morning how someone saves all their metal food cans to take to recycling(inside of throwing them into the garbage)and they make $30 x 2 a year from it. Hmmmmm.....Dan & I may have to start eating canned food again....beefaroni and spaghetti-o's and salty soups...woohoo!

And I kept thinking how u were going to fit a full sized bed into Anna's room..?!?!
I am still in the fumigating stage of cleaning out Noah's room. lol

Cheapchick said...

Buy an old dresser, lay a nice topper (scarf?) over it and call it a day. Like you say, it is only somewhere to lay her head when she visits and/or others. Great deal on the dryer rack. I end up hanging crap all over the house.

Jane said...

When Kazi moves out (hahahahahaha) she'll be taking her bed as it was a Christmas gift one year. And her dresser leaving basically an empty room. I'm considering filling it full of plastic balls.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-My clock and charger are plugged in the same strip. I could shut the strip off but then I wouldn't have an alarm clock. Wait, you figured it out.
I think you would spend more than $60 on medical bills if you went back to the salty foods. LOL
I'm not sure how I will get the bed in, I'll figure something out. Den will get to carry lots of stuff. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I like your thinking. I seem to complicate things.
I still hang stuff all over but the rack is helping especially with socks.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-HAHAHAHA! Whatever you fill it with just make sure that you can take it out easy enough for when she comes home.

Linda said...

You have the cat-chewed cord plugged in? Isn't that a fire hazard? That was a good deal on the clothes dryer! Pinecone let me go. It seems I did not answer a few of the surveys back when I was so ill. Now, they took me back. I think I have $45 now, not sure.

Lena said...

Hahaha... aren't all men the same. I have a million of projects here that he's "working" on. Now that I'm pregnant, it bothers me even more (because I can't do it all any more). I blame it on hormones...

Mama .bonnie said...

I have a queen size bed in one son's bedroom and it fits just fine in that 10X10 space. We won't talk about how there isn't much room for anything else........

Anne in the kitchen said...

1 day until the nest is empty again. After a thorough cleaning of the almost empty room I will shut the door and not even look in it until Christmas. Christmas money looks bleak right now since I had to send tuition last week. Nothing like being school broke. About the time I recover the 2nd semester will be due. The upside is this is the last kiddo so I am done with the others! woo hoo!

Vix said...

I love the way you write, you make me smile.
I use one of those dryers but I'm planning to make (or nag Jon) a ceiling mounted one some time soon. xxx

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-Yeah, it is probably a fire hazard. Lets hope the cat catches on fire.
SO happy about the drying rack. It holds an entire load of towels.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I remember those days. I hated when I couldn't get my shoes on. That seemed to make me the crankiest.

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-Yeah, I don't have a real plan yet. Maybe a chair too. LOL. I figure that it will be a winter project.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Friends of ours said that it was like hitting the lotto when they stopped helping their kids with college. We shall see.

Sonya Ann said...

Vix-Thank you so much for stopping by!
I would love to see pics of it when it is finished. I'm sure he will get to it. At least, that is what Den says.

Donna Freedman said...

We use drying racks for all our clothes -- and it does help keep the electric bill down.
Your rack is bigger than mine. But you already knew that.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-It's easier now that it is just the two of us. It was hard to find enough things to hang clothes from to dry everything. Now its super easy.
Bahahaha-I didn't think that sort of thing mattered.