Monday, August 11, 2014

Scratch, Smashed, and Stinking Monday

This is a lovely scratch on Den's car. Cars get scratched all the time, I know this better than anyone. BUT we brought the car in to have the windshield replaced at our Kia dealer and the guy they hired from a windshield company broke his knife and scratched the car. Joy.
The Kia dealer painted it, the glass company wanted to see if we would just forget it. Ummmmm, no. It was to the metal.

Remember how Den and DJ broke their phones? Well they got new ones. DJ's new phone is still sitting on his dresser because he hasn't gone to Verizon yet. Den's NEW phone is broken, the button doesn't work. Den didn't do it, it was sent to us broken. Yes, of course it was. They are sending him another one.
If by chance you are sending a kid off to college, don't forget to air out the bed topper. They stink TERRIBLE! The paper insert that was with the topper said it was the "new foam topper smell" no I call that pure stink. Vinegar spray helps get rid of the smell faster. And when I rerolled it and put it back in the bag it came with, I shoved a few dryer sheets in there too. 
Santa has nice arms and everything else, I'm sure. I might look forward to Christmas more if I knew that I was getting one of these.
I got $3 from Pinecone. Yeah, I'm not that excited about the tally either.
So I have...................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$99            Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $403.58 for our 2014 Christmas!
I'm never going to make it. I think I should have had that much in April. Oh well, it will give me something to bitch about in November.
So I think you are caught up in my miserable world. Everything is in rush mode, I'm more of a turtle mode sort of gal.
Runnin'
Sonya Ann


16 comments:

slugmama said...

Well you are way ahead of me in terms of Xmas $$--I've got a total of $235 in C/C points for gift cards and Swagbucks codes. If I'm lucky I'll get another $50 of so before I start Xmas shopping. I could count my Google blog $ but that won't even double the total I have now.
Pathetic.....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I've got some $ in cc points but I'm trying to see if I can get a bit more. Anything under 25000 isn't 1% cash back. So if I cash in and then get more points, I lose money. Just give me the damned $ and stop making jump through hoops.
It took me forever to get the blog $. I'm sure I won't be adding anymore for a year or so to my tally.

Mama .bonnie said...

I have NOTHING for Christmas........
I hate when someone damages your car and they try to convince you that it's ok. Nope, just tell me how you are going to make it like new again :o)
Oh and I did write something JUST FOR YOU!

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-It was like that one time that guy hit my van when Anna was driving and told me the bumper fell off because the clips were rusty.Ummmm no, you hit it with a car that is why it fell off.
And I feel loved that you wrote something!

McVal said...

I hear ya! Both on the turtle mode and on broken phones. If it's not broken phones, then everyone is running over nails with their cars in this house. ARGGHH!!!!

We tend to run in cycles...

Donna said...

I can't believe they wanted you to "forget about" damage to your vehicle. Sheesh.
Once during a trip to Anchorage I rented a car with those side mirrors you can adjust with a button. I visited a friend whose husband had a big disagreement with their teen daughter. The girl stomped out to her car and floored it backward out of the driveway -- neatly shaving off the rental's passenger-side mirror.
Her father asked if it would be okay if he just duct-taped it back on. Say WHAT???
Afraid not, I replied; I have to return it in the same condition and it didn't have duct tape on it when I rented it.
His insurance company told me to get several estimates. It was, of course, hugely expensive due to the automatic adjustment feature. So then the husband asks, "Will you ask the rental agency if they'd accept just an ordinary mirror, one that doesn't adjust? Otherwise I'll have to pay out of pocket lest my insurance go up."
Some chutzpah, huh? And my poor friend was soooo embarrassed at everything that was going on.
P.S. The rental agency said, "Um, NO." And my friend and her husband ended up paying hugely to fix it. Dunno if they made their kid chip in.

Linda said...

How did the guy bread a knife and scratch your car? I don't get it!

That "new foam topper smell" is probably a toxic chemical. I am glad you aired it out before it was used.

Pinecone quit sending me any surveys. However, who ever got into my account sent me a $1985 check to deposit into my account send them money by Western Union. I keep $200 and send them $1785. That is lovely...not.

Jenny Woolf said...

If there is one thing I hate it is stinky bedclothes and it hardly even matters what the stink is, it would keep me awake all night.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Ahhh yes, we went through the tire stage the beginning of the year.
Our cycles suck.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna-What is wrong with people? One of Anna's friends mom hit Anna's car while it was parked in their driveway. The mom had even moved the car so that she could get out and hit it anyways. Then came to me and said she didn't have the money to pay for it and would we forget it. Mind you, she hit both doors and continued to drive and scrape it almost the entire length of the car.I said forget it. AND THEN her one daughter hit the other daughter's car and she had the money to fix that right away. GRRRRRR
Anna wasn't friends with her for much longer. They had that attitude about everything in their lives. It's your problem not ours even if they caused it. Den said they didn't care about collateral damage. People didn't stay in their lives for long and they couldn't figure out why.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I think he was using the knife to cut the rubber away from the windshield.
I'm with you on the toxic smell. It was bad.
I have never head of Pinecone having that kind of problem. They normally just send me a check for $3.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I was kind of worried about his skin melting.

Linda said...

Sonya Ann,
I never get a check anymore. They want me to use the points in their catalog. If I want it on my Pinecone card, I have to go online and transfer the money. That is not a bad deal because I can let the money build up on my card. I just hope I still have money after someone has managed to get into my pinecone account!

That guy was on drugs or new because I have seen them take out windows before, and it not that complicated. That was a nasty oops.

I just received another $20 from battery purchases which brings me to $50 there, but I am not sure about Kmart, pinecone, and swagbucks.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I'm still getting checks from Pinecone. For how long, no one knows!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you don't have to get me anything for Christmas. That Santa is enough for me!

Glad you made the glass company fix the scratch.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well the dealer fixed it and then they were going after the glass company. It was so stupid because the dealer said they give them so much business and it was stupid to burn a bridge. The deal said they won't be using them anymore.