Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Well That Was Embarrassing

Is there ever a point where I should just keep my mouth shut? I talk to much and I way over-share with you. TMI is a light weight saying in my book. I'm 42, yes 42. I've gotten in enough trouble for 2 or 3 people and yet, I found something that made me blush.
I'm sending DJ off to college. And I'm sure that he is not going to be a saint while he is there. He might find that he has a wild streak. I don't know where he could get it from?
So I decided that I don't want to be a grandmother. Oh god, that stung a bit to even type it. Can you see where I am going with this one?
I went to my local CVS to buy condoms. Take a moment and let that sink in. So I learned a few things from this trip. First, there are a bunch of different condoms. And all of which, I know nothing about. And then I remembered who they were for and it made it HORRIBLY uncomfortable! So there I stand blushing and by myself with ten thousand different kinds of condoms. I snag a box after deciding that I don't care if they are ribbed or not and walk not to the front because they always have a ton of customers but to the pharmacy that is empty. What a sneaky plan I have come up with! Needless to say, every worker in the pharmacy now gets a call or has something pressing to do. And a line forms behind me. I keep telling myself, to let it go and I'm an adult and can buy these things. All the while, my face burns even brighter. Finally, I get someone to help me after the old lady behind me keeps clearing her throat. I'm not sure if that was because she had to wait or it was because she was trying to embarrass me. Probably not the latter. The lovely woman working there, that is just slightly older than I am, doesn't look at what I am buying and just asks whats my last name is and my prescription. Ummmmm no, just these, I say and nod towards the box. She looks at the box and then me. Her smirk was not well contained. I felt like saying they were for my son but that seemed perverted even in my mind. She dropped them in a plastic bag and I felt slightly better. But don't despair, even through the embarrassment, I managed to use my CVS bucks and a 25% off coupon. What can I say, I looked like a cheap slut.
I'm probably going to avoid the pharmacy for a while.
Crazy mom,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Cheapchick said...

OMG, the good news is you never waivered, always in pursuit of a good deal. You officially get the Bargainista Crown today, in pursuit of cheap condoms :)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Thank you for the award! Everyone found it so funny that I'm still so cheap.

slugmama said...

I don't get why you were embarrassed.
Now if you have paid full price...THAT would have been embarrassing!! ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Hahahaha!

ND Chic said...

Haha! I just throw them in the cart with everything else.

Mama .bonnie said...

This so reminds me of when we sent our first son off to college. I was out shopping with the hubby when I told him that we needed to buy condoms for the son. Hubby looked at me like I grew horns on my head. I reminded him what happen to both of us when we went away to college and didn't he wish that he could have talked to his parents about it. He reluctantly left and came back with a three pack. I looked at him and asked if he didn't have faith in his own son. His reply was that the three will get the message across just fine.
When second son left we bought him a 12 pack.
When third son left,son one and two informed us that condoms were free in the student services/health clinics building at all colleges.
We stopped buying them and instead gave three and four son a highlighted map to the health clinic.

Jane said...

Bwahahahahaha!! Best laugh I've had all day...no...week...no...month!!

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-I haven't had to buy those since Den and I first got together.SO like 20 years. I'm old.

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-So the point of the story is that your hubs wanted #2 son to have more fun? I normally miss the point of most stories though.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'm a cheap slut and I over share.

Frances said...

Hubby and I use to use condoms and I would slap that box on the counter and say, "Someone's getting lucky tonight!" No one ever made me feel embarrassed. LOL!

I am ballsy that way.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-BAHAHAHA you are bad!