Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bad Hose, Bad

I was so jazzed when I got Den the Pocket Hose. I hated lugging the heavy and awkward old hose around to water. I guess his gift was a bit more for me than him but I was willing to let him water the yard.
I was so jazzed about this product that I even went and bought 2 blue XHOSEs and another Pocket Hose so that I could reach the entire yard. Between watering all of the flowers and filling the pool, I had this shit figured out.
Now I do need to point out that the Pocket hose promised to be tough enough to tow a truck. That I didn't try. I only used it to water with. In fact, neither one of the hoses saw any abuse. Nor did they see much action.
I obviously didn't have my shit as figured as I thought that I did. Those things didn't last half the summer. And considering that it rained and was cold this summer, they weren't used much. Don't waste your money. The idea is awesome but the inner tube pops like a water balloon. I have one out of the four left. I am now back to lugging the heavy, awkward hose around. I hate that old heavy hose but it takes a beating.
Been hosed,
Sonya Ann
PS-HEY, LOOK DOWN HERE! Run over here and enter my giveaway!!!!! HURRY!!! 

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

My husband just got one and hopes it solves all his problems. We have had it a couple of weeks. I was not so sure, so interesting little story there. I might not bring it up until ours bites the dust.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-I LOVED these. Just loved them. They were so easy to drag around the yard, they just aren't very tough. Maybe down the road they will tweak them so they are tougher.

slugmama said...

You said Hosed....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I really did laugh out loud. Hahahahaha.

slugmama said...

Den has a "pocket hose" and it burst.

Not going to touch this line, but if I did......bwaaahhh

Anne in the kitchen said...

We got one earlier this summer. It has been ok to use unless you are not holding it when you turn the water one. Because it is so light and we have wonderful water pressure, it develops a life of its own and scoots all over the yard shooting water everywhere. Then you should turn the water off, grab the end and turn the water on again. But do we do that? Nah we try to wrestle it into submission and we do succeed but get soaked every time. So who is the victor? Hose -1 million us-0

McVal said...

THOSE THE SUCKERS THAT SPRAYED ME IN THE FACE WHEN I WAS ON THE LADDER!!!! hate them.

and Sluggy WOULD pick up on that..
lol

Cheapchick said...

I too was attracted to the concept but never pulled the trigger, thanks for being the poor test guinea pig for us. I shall refrain from buying one :)

Practical Parsimony said...

I always wondered about those--"it looks to good to be true." Now, I will not buy one.

Frances said...

I was going to get one or two of those for Hubby but he said no. I guess he is smarter than me.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Yeah, they kind of suck when you turn them on or is it blow. Spray?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You are like a teenage boy!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Hold your hose tightly.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Maybe in a few years, I'll try again. Hopefully, they will be improved a bit.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-And I had such high hopes on this on.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-HAHAHA! I have never been a hoser!You are awesome.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-He was smarter than me too.