Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chipped, Cracked, and Mad


When Den took his little fishing trip, I let him borrow my van. It's easier to haul the gear and in case it gets to wet out, he can fold the seats down and sleep in there. See I can be a good and thoughtful wife.
When he got back, he started cleaning it. He knows better than to return my van dirty and stinking of fish. He took it to the car wash and then came back and was working on my windshield. He was putting a patch on the windshield. I'VE SEEN THESE PATCHES BEFORE! He sighed and went on to tell me about how a truck threw a rock and it gouged the windshield. After the last fiasco of getting a new windshield, having to have it repainted and the cost of the window, I wasn't happy.
He looked pitiful and then I remembered................
how I bottomed out his car while turning around. Yeah, I cracked the bumper. But its the underneath so it doesn't count as much as the windshield, right?
I say call it even. But he still had the nerve to be mad!!!!
Even Steven,
Sonya-alcohol was not involved-Ann
PS-HEY, LOOK DOWN HERE! Run over here and enter my giveaway!!!!! HURRY!!! 

16 comments:

slugmama said...

I really think you need to sell the cars and buy horses....lolz

Cheapchick said...

I am with you, if you can't see it it didn't happen

Jane said...

Hoo boy, you guys and your vehicles! I think a chip in the part of the car you have to SEE through is way worse than a cracked bumper that doesn't do anything!! You win!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm not mucking stalls. LOL. Wait, could we eat it?

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I should have shut up about it and let him go on feeling guilty. I could have milked that for a while.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I didn't feel like I won. LOL I guess I will be getting some repair bills soon. Yuck.

McVal said...

yuck. We had borrowed a car from a brother in law over the summer while he worked on Maddy's car. While we had it, a rock hit the windshield... dang. But he didn't care as this was a beater car anyway. whew!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Hmmmm, The thing about the crack on the underside of the bumper is unless HE does something weird to the car (like hit one of those parking lot cement bumpers too hard) the crack won't advance. A ding in the windshield is another matter entirely. You could be one icy day away from having it crawl across the entire windshield and fall in a gozillion little pieces into your lap. (Don't even ask how I KNOW this)

Hands down, YouWin!

Practical Parsimony said...

What he did will grow. I don't think the cracked bumper will grow because that is one huge crack. I think the problem you caused is lesser.

My ex always ruined cars, hitting things all the time. He messed up my new car--new as in NEW. He always took the old car when we got a better-but-not-new one because he hit things.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-It's awesome that your BIL didn't care about the rock hitting the windshield. And how great is that that he lent you a car. I need to bring my cars to him.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-As long as everybody sees that its all his fault we are great. LOL
It just sucks for both of us. No, it sucks for the checkbook.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-Your ex seems to be a bit scary when it comes to driving.
Yeah, I blame Den too. Just don't tell him that I said it. LOL

Frances said...

I am thinking that Sluggy is right...you should get horses. You all are dangerous to vehicles. Horses could run away if you tried to hurt them.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm not mucking stalls. Den would "forget" about that chore and it would be all me.

Lillian Jenkins said...

Well, a ding on the windshield might be a bigger problem, depending on where it is located. If it’s anywhere near the driver’s view, then a repair or replacement would be imminent. That, and it’s more exposed to stuff compared to the bumper. Anyway, I hope it wasn’t the case, and it’s still usable for the time being.

Lillian Jenkins @ Enterprise Glass

Sonya Ann said...

Lillian Jenkins-I got so so lucky and it is on the passenger's side. I'm not sure if this is lucky or not but Den was hit when the roads were icy and got the entire bumper fixed.