Thursday, September 4, 2014

Gandhi is Empty


What does it say when you get nothing from Gandhi? There really is a message in there for you from the Powers that be when you get a void.
Den and I went exploring at the Goodwill and Den's always looking for a movie or two. This is the second time that he has purchased an empty case. You would think that one of us would learn. He would learn to check the movie or I would learn to check him!
So BIG reminder, check everything that you buy! New or used! Store, garage sale, or second hand-CHECK IT. Or you will end up having to run out and sort it. Oh well, maybe I'll find something that I like. Hey or I could just keep finding problems and go to the Goodwill every few days. So Gandhi may not have had a message for Den but he had one for me-GO EXPLORE! Phew, I'm glad that I finally figured out the message.
Message received,
Sonya Ann
PS-HEY, LOOK DOWN HERE! Run over here and enter my giveaway!!!!! HURRY!!!

12 comments:

Mama .bonnie said...

SAVE the receipt and claim it as a taxable charity contribution ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-Good thinking!!!

slugmama said...

Why would anyone donate an empty DVD case? Or steal from a Goodwill?

Oh, I forgot that there are asshats in our world.....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think your karma would be messed up really bad for stealing Gandhi.

Cheapchick said...

Well batcrap, who would steal it? Hopefully they check before they price them that it had the DVD to begin with. I need to check things before I leave the store like receipts. Pretty sure I got ripped off at the store the other day on toilet paper but no energy to go back as it is huge and out of the way. At least I got toilet paper out of it!

Practical Parsimony said...

That's a bummer. I hope you get it worked out so that you are not out the cost of the DVD.

Anne in the kitchen said...

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goals and not in the reaching it".__Gandhi
See maybe he was telling you something after all. Or maybe he was just saying check the bloomin case next time.
Irritating no matter what!






Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Someone needs to be in charge of us or Den. Yeah, Den.
Hey, it would have been terrible if you got ripped off and didn't get the TP either.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-It just gives me an excuse to go back! And that's a good thing.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-ONE OF THE BEST COMMENTS EVER!!!! You rock!

Jane said...

I'm having a hard time imagining a thief slipping a Gandhi CD into their coat pocket chuckling all the while with the major theft he just got away with!?! You'd think after he watched it he'd return it wracked with guilt!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-No kidding! Of all the things to steal!