Monday, September 8, 2014

Mished and Moshed Monday

Anna was all excited cuz he was wearing an EIU jacket.
Yeah, that's my man. He and his best buddy went on a fishing trip. I have a question about it though. How can sleeping in a tent on the ground COST SO MUCH MONEY? This is not a cheap sport/escape by any means. It might be the lures, it might be the alcohol. No wait, I was the one spending on the alcohol.
Donna and Steve are our best friends. Our sons are like brothers and Anna and their daughter even with the age gap are just adorable together. Whenever Anna comes home, Bek runs and jumps into her arms. This has been happening since Bek was very little, she's 15 now so its quite funny.
So Steve went on his first fishing trip with Den. Their son Jord left for college the same as DJ. Anna is off at school and Bek went away with the hockey team. Us girls were all alone!
Did you ever eat something and have no idea what it was? I can now say this.
Donna has complained since coming here from England that there is no good Indian food. And since we were all alone, I decided that I would track down an Indian restaurant. I found the Himalayan restaurant. So we set off, to find it. It was a drive but she was worth it. LOL
And she was really cute when we walked in because it was mostly Indians dining there. She said that was a very good sign.
We ate the lunch buffet. It was amazing and I'm going back! But I still have no idea what I ate.
We had a lovely couple of days and much alcohol. So much so that I went to get a bottle of wine and discovered that I was out. I'm sure Den drank it. It couldn't have been me.

Now on to the yard and away from the alcohol!
I bought that beautiful basket for myself for Mother's day.
And it became this mess. No really, its in there. I set it by the fence hoping that a change of scenery would inspire it to perk back up. It decided that dying was a better thing to do.
This was my adorable little garden next to the back door, the beginning of the season. Look at it all little, cute and organized!
I'm now propping the basil up with bricks. At least, I haven't killed them.
I was so excited about my little basket and how cute it was at the start of the summer!
All of my hopes and excitement ended up being a straggly mess. It grew up, ugly. I think I will need to find different plants to plant in the baskets next year.
The basket on the front of the house turned out nice though. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of light it gets. But what does the finger of death really know about plants anyways.
And UGH! We had such a miserable winter last year and because I hate winter so much, they are predicting a miserable winter again. Yes, I think that the weather man is out to punish me.
The snow and ice brought one of the large branches of the tree in our front yard down. I went out and beat it with a broom until it stood back up.
Its a little hard to see but one of the three main branches is dead. I guess beating it with a broom didn't help much. I foresee Den playing lumberjack.He thinks that he can make something out of the wood. I hope its Christmas presents. We are getting way to close for my comfort!
If I used my bra as a stocking, I would get all the presents!
I really did well this week!!!! I got a $25 Amazon gift code from Saving Star. I got a $25 Bass Pro gift card from MyPoints. I earned another $6 from Pinecone Research. I earned a $25 Game Stop gift code from E-Rewards. I'm set if I get this much every week!
So here is where we are....................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$114          Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code from Saving Star
$25            Bass Pro Gift card from MyPoints
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$50            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
Total $518.58 for our 2014 Christmas! I count gift cards/codes as actual money. It's my tally and I'll tally my way.
And that's about it for my house. Boring, yeah maybe.
Bras and bushes,
Sonya Ann
PS-HEY, LOOK DOWN HERE! Run over here and enter my giveaway!!!!! HURRY!!!

12 comments:

Frances said...

i think most of your plants are lovely. They are green! Scraggly green is so much better than brown, I think. If I hung my bra on the mantle no other stockings would fit, I don't think.

McVal said...

You're still better at gardening than me... I'm jealous!
also jealous of your Christmas stash so far! and your friends! Dang. I think a few people in my house have scared off any friends I used to have! I'm not ready to say it's me yet...
Oh and it might be the dogs...

Cheapchick said...

My plants look pretty pathetic this year, glad I didn't put a lot of time/effort into it. The only thing that looks good is my round 2 cilantro planted in early July. Your basil looks awesome - buts ate mine so hubby bought me a little basil plant for the inside of the house for part of my birthday present.

slugmama said...

That is one nasty looking fish....yikes! All those teeth!!!

But I bet it made some good eating.
So tell me, what alcohol, er....I mean bait, did Den use to hook this baby?!

Oh, and be sure and check the life insurance before you give Den a saw and let him have at it with that tree.

Practical Parsimony said...

Your basil is really tall. Do you harvest it often? When I do, mine never gets very tall at all. That basil looks good enough to roll in. I love basil.

The only way I know what kind of Indian or Thai food is if someone tells me what is in the dish. Then, I can never pick out the ingredients because it all seems just a big bunch of mushy stuff.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Being top heavy is not all that it is cracked up to be.
I'm thinking that I will be packing up the pots soon. The weather has taken a turn here. Well not that it was ever warm but it is getting colder.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I would rather e able to sew than to drop a few plants in the ground.
I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that scares people off. LOL I'm actually fine with it.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-We use more cilantro than basil. The cilantro didn't do so hot this year. Sigh.
And your hubby got you a great gift!!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-He threw it back. No eats.
His life insurance is paid up but maybe I should get some more!

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-We pull a few leaves off of it here and there. We usually make a few servings of pesto. Yum.
Indian food is kind of mushy but it is AWESOME. I'm thinking I need to go back.

Jane said...

With all of my toing and froing I planted NOTHING this summer so seeing all of your greenery is a feast for the eyes, really. I've heard there has been frost already so the time to harvest is NOW!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I've got to get everything that can be saved out soon. It sucks here.
The basil did great but the tomatoes not so much. I got maybe 3 pints. It wasn't worth the cost. Maybe next year I'll try roma maters. I've heard a few people say they did well with them.