Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Money And Worry


I stress about everything a lot. Its kind of what I'm good at. Life and bills can be overwhelming. I really get worked up when I start looking at what is on the horizon. Both kids are in college, replacing cars, car repairs, WEDDINGS, and everything else. And looking at all the debt that is in the future not to mention that we still have a house payment doesn't help me either. We don't have credit card debt or car payments. But I see bills ahead. That scares me A LOT!
I'm sure that everyone has worries just like I do. So you know what I do to feel better when all of these feelings of worry and dread sneak up on me? I look back. We have made it through some pretty tight and miserable times. I mean just scraped by. And I know that you have too. Think back to when you were in your darkest hour, you fought for the light. We all have. And just knowing that I have made it through hard times either emotionally or financially before, helps and gives me hope about the future.
In bad times, I take a deep breath and I believe in me. Try it next time you are overwhelmed, it works. I mean believe in yourself not me. If you want to believe in me that would be awesome too. ;p
I'm going to continue to scrimp and save. I'll win some battles and I'll lose some but damn it all, I'm in it to win it. None of us will lose this fight with enough effort. Its not really about the money anyways, its about being calm in a crisis. Being level-headed is what will solve our problems. Panicking only makes it worse.
Remind me of all of this next time I have a flip out!
Believing in all of us,
Sonya Ann
PS-This is way too uplifting for my normal self. Give me a day and I'll come up with something naughty!


9 comments:

slugmama said...

Inspiration, blah, blah, blah.....what's this about WEDDINGS!?!?

WTF?

Koolaid and Nilla Wafers in the backyard makes a GREAT reception btw.....

The next time you start in about paying for a wedding please warn me so I can insert my fingers in my ears and go "La La La", ok?

Cheapchick said...

A friend of mine says "it is what it is" which essentially is that we have no control over what life is going to throw at us so we just have to deal as it comes along - no point in stressing it!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I like to worry about the unknown! Everyone knows this!
Get your fingers out your damned ears and say something to calm me down!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Deep breathes. It is hard sometimes for me though.

Anne in the kitchen said...

The nicest thing about getting older is learning to let go of worry. I have not worried about one thing ( real or imagined) that was helped by my intense worry. About 10 years ago I meat a young man whose catch phrase was "it is what it is". There is a lot of wisdom in those 5 words. I adopted it as my go to phrase and now it has become a buffer between worry and living.
Plus the stuff I worried about never really happened anyway, it was the stuff I could not even imagine that knocked me for a loop.

McVal said...

I don't believe in me. Can I believe in you instead? You've been through it all!
I'm at that scraping the bottom of the barrel bit now and know there is hope. I've been here before...
And this too shall pass.

God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Cor 10:13

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-It is what it is-guy seems to be making the rounds.
I'll try it next time I feel the panic creep in. Thank you, my friend.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You really are adorable. You may be too sweet to be my friend. LOL!
Thank you, it just seems to creep up on me. I think part of it is the fact that we are going away and I feel that is a waste of money even though I have saved for it.

Frances said...

Oh, SonyaAnn, I believe in you.

I try not to worry about anything. Worrying about things is too depressing and I don't like being depressed.

You will be fine.

Oh, and the kids need to elope when it is time to get married.