Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Moshed Monday on Tuesday

I guess today is the day that I get you caught up on my little world. Lucky you.
Remember how I was worried about DJ leaving and wondering what my purpose was? Yeah, well I'm obviously an idiot. THIS IS FLIPPING AWESOME! Not to blame shit on the kids but Den and I haven't fought AT ALL. Not that we fought a lot but we did argue. So I can honestly say, EVERYTHING WAS THE KID'S FAULT. It has been three weeks and we are still having a blast.
Everyone keeps telling us to party it up so we have been! We are going to bed around 7:30pm every nite! Not to do, you know but to watch.....................
StarGate Universe! It is awesome and it is so nice just to lay in bed and have nothing to do but watch tv. Oh and for the record, Captain Young is right all the time.
And don't worry, we are renting these from the library. Free makes them even awesomer.
So back from outer space to our back yard. This is a shot of the pool from the far end. Deep sigh. We are having pool problems. We are losing anywhere from a quarter to a half inch of water a day. And the crazy thing is I CAN'T FIND THE LEAK. This has never happened before. In the 20 years that we have had a pool, when it had a leak it was really easy to find especially when you are losing that much water. It has to be going somewhere, right?
This wouldn't be so bad but we have only swam in the pool once this year because it is so cold. So we are paying for the chemicals, more water, and the pump.

I came up with the brilliant idea of packing some of the areas with more sand to see if perhaps it was leaking under the liner and coming out the far end. So I bought and drug a very heavy bag of sand to the far end of the pool. I then packed it all in. And its dry as a bone.
Next, someone here(I nominate Den) will have to do a bit of diving to look for a hole in the liner. And if that fails all of the pipes need to be dug up. We can't close it for the season while it is leaking. If it drains all of the water, the walls will cave in and it will be ruined.
This is really a mystery.
I think I showed this to you before. And awesome garage sale find! Don't worry, we still have our suits on.
My tomato plants are growing but not producing a lot of cherry tomatoes.
And they are orange. I know that there are different kinds and colors of cherry tomatoes but I know I got the red ones. Hmmmmm, I think it is because this summer has been so grey and cold. Oh well, they do taste good. And someone with the black thumb of death, like I have shouldn't complain if they are edible.
This is my little garden by the back door. The basil has taken over. That is a good thing. We have been making basil and egg sandwiches lately. Yay basil, boo cholesterol.
That will be me if I actually get enough money to fund Christmas for free. My boobs might escape with that much arm flailing though. It might ruin Christmas a bit.
I earned a $25 gamestop gift code from e-rewards. I count gift cards and codes as real money. It's my tally and I tally anyway I want.
I used to get Spirit airline points from e-rewards but they don't offer them anymore. Gift codes work too!
So here is where I"m at.........................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$108          Pinecone research
$179.09     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$25            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
Total $437.58 for our 2014 Christmas!
And you are caught up in my little world! Anything new with you?
Leaking and childless,
Sonya Ann
PS-HEY, LOOK DOWN HERE! Run over here and enter my giveaway!!!!! HURRY!!!!




14 comments:

slugmama said...

In bed for tv by 7:30 huh?
I am guessing that besides Stargate Universe there is alcohol involved too. Hey, I saw all that Woodchuck Den bought. lol

Has it really been 3 weeks already? No way. This means only just over 14 weeks until the semester ends and they COME HOME!
EEKKK!!!

Enjoy the non-arguing while it lasts....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Why point out that they are coming back! You are just being snarky this early in the morning.
Believe it or not, there is still some left in the game room.

McVal said...

I KNEW you'd be happy again someday!!! Bed by 7:30??? What if the girl scouts come over trying to sell cookies?? or booze???

Or if the kids should come home to do laundry!?? How would you explain?

Cheapchick said...

Leakage is just a sign of getting older, don't you know :)

Lena said...

I'm almost ready to fund our Christmas without using any money out of pocket. But I cheat and use credit card rewards :) I have a feeling we will do mostly gift cards or Amazon shopping this year anyway :)...

Jenny Woolf said...

Sure nobody's stealing the pool water? some people are pretty desperate characters...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I would so get out of bed for Girl Scouts selling booze!
I'm wondering what condition DJ's clothes will be in when I get them back. Stained with canned raviolis?

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Can we buy adult diapers for the pool?

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I pray that I can fund our Christmas with nothing out of our pocket!
You are a frugal phenom!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Hahahaha! I would be so pissed though. I might have to drown them in stolen water.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Sorry about the pool water loss. We are losing about 1/2 inch every 2 days but we are pretty sure it is evaporation. ( It has been insanely hot here lately. We hope it rains about every 3 days to replace some of what we lost.

The empty nest feels pretty good here too! I find we are a lot less picky about what we eat. In fact popcorn can be a perfect dinner meal now. And the laundry pile is so much smaller. I have just instituted a new laundry rule. If you have been doing your laundry for an entire semester then you should be perfectly capable of doing it over Christmas break. Instead of skipping Christmas I'm skipping laundry.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-That's a good idea about the water evaporating. It hasn't been hot her at all this summer but it has been humid. Do you think that might be doing it? Its been about mid-70s. Chicagoland area.
I'm so so so loving the not having to rush or worry about meals. I'm not doing as much laundry either. YAY

Frances said...

Told you that you would love being an empty nester! It is great to only have to worry about yourself for a change.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-THIS IS AWESOME! I love it. Den even said that he forgot the kid's names. LOL