Thursday, September 25, 2014

T and A and TMI


I love this shirt but it likes to show off my boobs at every turn. Literally, every movement and you get to see more and more. While I would like to think that my boobs are still decent, there is 42 years on the tread. They ain't what they used to be.
I bought a little white tee to put under it and all it did was ride up and twist. So I bought a different white shirt and it rolled up.
Then I got the bright idea of sewing a piece in the shirt and being done with it. Right, cuz I can sew with no problems. In sewing class in high school, I didn't do so hot. I made a pair of pants and I think the zipper was too long and I might have confused the front and back. Anyways, you better have gotten a Brazilian wax if you wanted to wear them. The zipper was low and under. Needless to say, I didn't wear them. Oh and I set off the fire alarms in cooking class. Again, I think these events were quite telling. BUT I did awesome when we had to go out and work on our cars. Think As and I even showed up the guys.

And I pulled out my sewing kit. Yup, that's it. Well, I have a few different colors of thread in case Den needs to sew anything. So McVal, Sluggy and anyone else that sews, are you ashamed of me yet?
The needles were my Great-grandmothers. There are a few that are slightly bent. They poke me a lot.
I thought about using a pair of underwear and just sewing them in. But I decided that it wouldn't be hard to figure out what I had done with Victoria Secrets or some other brand stretched between my tits. So I found a bunch of t-shirts on clearance and decided I was fine with chopping up one.

This actually turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. The material kept bunching and when I tried it on, it pulled a bit. I marked and remarked the shirt.
Even Den thought this little project was a bit out of my range.
TaDa!! Who knew and I haven't popped a tit out yet! Give it time, right? Oh and I know that it looks like it is crooked but it is not, let's just blame my left breasticle.
I'm smiling so big in the picture because all I could think about was this..........................................
I'm just not the selfie sort of person.
Now go back and reread the title. Hahaha.
Still TMI,
Sonya Ann



11 comments:

slugmama said...

Well I know you well enough NOT to be shocked that you are "sewing challenged".

And those needles ARE old because the price on the package is .25¢!
You can't even buy the packaging for needles for that anymore.....IF you can find needles outside of a fabric store. lolz

You done good kid....now go work on those selfies.
I bet you had to try to take that shot about 25 times before you got that one. hehehehe

Cheapchick said...

I think it looks great - anytime you can save a piece of clothing and give it more use puts your pennies in the bank. You look beautiful!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I challenged on so many levels. Really, I don't know how I function half the time!
I love those needles. I bought them from her estate sale many, many years ago!
And yes, it took a few times before I even got my head in the pic.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Thank you but I look fat. LOL.
Why is it the pennies fly out faster than in?

McVal said...

PERFECT!!!! Prom dresses next!!!
And your zip under pants cracked me up... lol.

ND Chic said...

I think you should have just showed off some serious cleavage. Also, your boobs are likely under 30, right? They're prob your youngest body part.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Love that you refashioning existing clothes. I had a couple of those boobsapoppin tops similar to yours . I gave up the flesh flash and sent them to Goodwill so they could annoy someone else

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Yeah, right!
Those pants were TERRIBLE!

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-I wish my boobs looked 30! Thank you but they are aging like I am-like old milk.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Haha-flesh flash!

Frances said...

Nice sewing job, SonyaAnn. You can't tell it was done by someone who is sewing challenged.

I almost stopped reading your post when you used the word "literally". That word is literally my most hated word in the English language as literally everyone uses it literally every day.

But since it is you, I read to the end. :-)