Thursday, October 16, 2014

10% Challenge

That yummy picture sums up my problem! It is a piece of chocolate mousse cake and of a piece of tiramisu from the buffet at South Point. Honestly, those are the best desserts that I have ever had in my life. They have also helped lead to my latest crisis. I'm fat and broke. Well, I'm not that fat or that broke but there is SO much room for improvement. I try and give myself a pep talk and remind myself of the things that I have accomplished. That helps but there is still so much more for me to do. Another hurdle that I need to get over. Why can't I just wake up and have everything done? So here is the challenge that I am setting up for myself, I'm going to try and lose some weight and I'm going to try and save some money off of my bills. I would like to lose 50 pounds but I would settle for anything at this point. I would also like to shave some money off of the monthly bills. To be honest, I think shaving 10% off the bills will be easier than 10% off my ass. Will I succeeded? Probably not. Hey, I'm honest with you.
In order to come close to 10% off of the bills, I will need to shave off $250ish. That won't be easy. Here's is the tally from the last time that I posted about it. And I'll just let you know if I lose any weight, I'm not posting what 10% of my weight is. Fat shaming won't work with me!
So who is with me? Wanna lose weight and gain money? Seriously, I need a fat wallet and skinny waist-not the other way around. Just post about it and I'll link to it.
10% committed,
Sonya Ann

24 comments:

slugmama said...

Haven't your bills dropped any since hauling DJ off to school?

Linda said...

I even have a weight loss blog. I am overweight enough to cause myself to be ill, and I don't like that. Five years ago, I said I was going to lose weight by this year, the celebration of my 50th hs graduation. I did not lose a pound!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Not enough to notice. How about you?

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-It's easy to blog about and hard to lose it. Trust me, I'm the worst.

Janie Junebug said...

During the last couple of years, I have slowly lost thirty pounds by increasing protein and decreasing carbs. I have seventy pounds more to go. I have not exercised enough, but now that the weather is a bit cooler, I'm trying to take advantage of it by walking with Franklin. He needs extra attention now that he's lost his best friend. The walks are good for both of us. I need to get my bills down, too, and I'm working on it.

Love,
Janie

I have observed that people who lose weight quickly almost always gain it back quickly.

Jennifer said...

Girl, I am so with you it is not funny. I could lose quite a bit o' weight and debt. Like you said, easy to blog, hard to lose.

Lena said...

And that's my challenge too... I wan them all!! Sigh... I think, you need to start with not buying those yummy-looking, scrumptious cakes... insert another sigh (can you see I've been sugar-deprived lately? :)

Anne in the kitchen said...

I needed to hear about someone else who needs to lose a little. There is no diet out there that I can't beat, so instead of dieting I am just going to quit eating some specific foods for a month. After that I will play it by ear.

Oh and I need to save about $1,000 out of the regular budget in the next couple of months. Sounds kind of impossible.

Good thing I secretly love an uphill battle.

Cheapchick said...

I would be over the moon if I lost 14 lbs (my 10%) but that would be about as likely as me winning the lottery lol. I wish you luck!

Frances said...

Good luck on both. I hope you manage to lose weight or bills or both!

Donna said...

My doctor told me to avoid stress. For that reason I would take *both* desserts to avoid the stress of choosing between them.

Linda said...

I lost 46 lbs in one month, and it took me over 15 years to gain it back. I think I am going to go the same route for this weight loss. However, I am not working, cannot walk. That mostly leaves me sitting all day and bored and upset about my predicament. So, I eat.

I still think the blog might help some. The blog is only about losing weight.

Linda said...

NO, I lost 46 pounds in three months, not one!

Jane said...

Oh Sonya Ann - I spotted my derriere in a change room mirror last week, Thursday I think it was, and almost had a heart attack!! I'm with you! Not sure if I can shave any money off my budget but it's worth a try. My downfall is the double cream in my coffee:0

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-That is awesome that you have lost that much weight with making slow changes. I too, have noticed that people that lose it fast, gain it back fast but at this point I will take anything that I can get.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-Why can't it be the other way around? Easy to lose, hard to blog about it.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-You are in the home stretch, you will get some sugar soon! I'm so excited about the new babies.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-If you figure it out, let me know. I really love when everyone posts about how they lost weight or saved money, its helps everyone so so much. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I wish I only had 14 lbs to lose! Thank you and I'll keep trying!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I've been able to cut our bills way back so cutting my ass back may happen. I'll let you know.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna-And now you know how I got to this point, I ate them both!

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I've tried posting about my weight loss and wasted food and it just didn't work. Shaming for me just makes the problem worse. Plus it doesn't help that I have an unmedicated and under-active thyroid. It's a bit of a double whammy.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-Either way, that is great!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-You look amazing, I wish I had your problems.