Monday, October 6, 2014

Sober and Broke Monday!

Halloween decoration at the Bellagio
Hello All, I'm finally back! Yeah and I'm sober and broke. Yuck.
First off, everyone should be mad at sluggy, she won  the gift code from Restaurant.com. Go ahead and boo her. I'm fine with it.
Bellagio chocolate fountain
 We had a great trip. Den and I each hit a few times at Silverton so that helped. We saved the money for the following day and didn't have to take out as much cash at the end. But it still spends fast there.
Fish and Chips from the Mermaid's lounge
This was a pretty cheap trip, I got the round trip flights for $10 and the room for free. We thought that we were going to have to pay for one night because Silverton was booked but Den asked if they had any cancellations and they did. So he cancelled our night at South Point and got us our $134.40 back. He is becoming super frugal too.
Not only did Silverton let us stay for free but we earned $60 in free gas cards! I'm going to use them and add that money to the Christmas fund and the $134.40, we got back from the room.
The $.09 voucher is from the airport. We didn't do so hot there. I hit for $37 as we were leaving Silverton and used the money to gamble and buy snacks at the airport. Good grief though, it was $20+ for 2 pops, 1 bag of nuts and beef jerky. We ate all the snacks that we packed and needed more. Oh well, it was free money that I spent.
We ended up not having a ride to the airport so we had to drive and park in a remote lot. It was $72! That is nuts and some assbag smashed my mirror. I knew it was going to get dinged up. The car that was parked next to me was so close that Den had to back out so I could get in. Sigh.
We ended up paying more for parking than we did for the room and the flights.That just doesn't seem fair.
I'm NEVER going to pay for luggage again. After carefully packing, we had more than enough clothes and supplies with the small personal item on Spirit just not enough snackies. Hopefully, I'll get to repack soon enough. That is a hint to Den.




While I was gone, I got $9 from Pinecone and a $4 liquor rebate. I don't remember ever sending for a liquor rebate, I must have been drunk. And I'm putting the $134.40 from cancelling the night at South Point in the fund.
$100.49     Google(blog writing)

$129         Pinecone research
$268.33     BP
$25            Amazon gift code from Saving Star
$25            Bass Pro Gift card from MyPoints
$10            Chili's gift card from MyPoints
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$50            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
$4              Liquor rebate
$134.40     Hotel refund
Total $771.22 for our 2014 Christmas!
I'll stop by everyone's blog soon. I just need to get back in the swing of real life. And real life has a lot of laundry.
Withdrawals,
Sonya Ann


14 comments:

Jane said...

Welcome home!
Well aren't we just the jet setting crowd!! But I paid WAY more for my flights and accommodations!! How do you swing $10.00 flights???

slugmama said...

How about you pack edible clothing?
This would solve the not enough snacks problem(after wearing the clothes just eat them)and would make more room in your suitcase going home to bring ME souvenirs(like that chocolate fountain).
You are welcomed!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-We are the traveled bunch!
We have a Spirit credit card. We only charge once a month and I do a lot of surveys to earn miles. It was $72 to park and only $10 for two round trip tickets. That wasn't fair. And it was scary as hell to get our van from an outer lot at Ohare at 11:30pm.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I don't think that they make edible bras big enough to hold back my mountains and the heat wouldn't help matter either but thanks for thinking of me.

Practical Parsimony said...

I sent a box to my daughter's house when I visited her years ago rather than carry along and pay for luggage.

Your trip sounds like a fun time. But, those are very expensive snacks!

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I'll never ever pay fr luggage again. We had more than enough clothes. The bag was just a big bulky and was hard to get under the seat and back out but still it was worth the trouble.

Lena said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable vacation! I don't drink but what's a liquor rebate. Somebody pays you to drink? :)

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-A liquor rebate is just like a normal rebate. I just don't remember sending for it. I must have sent for it a long time ago.

Cheapchick said...

I am glad you had fun - the issue with your mirror sucks though. On what planet is it ok to wreck other peoples stuff and then drive away? Apparently ours = stupid stupid people.

Linda said...

I looked over my account with pinecone and found that I could have said how often I wanted to receive a survey. It turns out I can get them more often than I am, so I upped my chances of getting $3. Do you get paid by check or opt to put it on the card or use pay pal to get paid?

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I know that made me so mad. I would never do anything like that. I just know that it was the car that was right next to us.It was in so tight that there was no way that they could get out without doing damage. I wanted to park farther away but it was completely packed so it didn't really matter. I also wanted to take DJ's car but Den didn't trust it.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-That is great that you can get more surveys! I take a check. I feel safer that way.

Frances said...

It sounds like you had a great time, except for that parking bit. How far do you live from the airport. Wouldn't it be almost as cheap to hire a cab or a limo? After $72 and repairing your mirror it might be cheaper.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-We are an hour from Ohare. It was going to cost about $55 not including tip. So it would have been close but it was the day after that guy tried to kill himself at the control center so all the flights were screwed up. We weren't sure if we would be flying and if we would need a ride back. Normally, my MIL gives us a ride but she was out of town.