Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas, Death, Vortex Mish-Mosh Monday

Anna sent me this on Pinterest the other day. It made me laugh. I think she is really starting to panic. I don't know why. You would think that being in charge of a budget and being responsible for your own bills/money would be less intimidating than getting a degree. In two weeks, I will be free of her bills and nagging her to quit spending. How much do you want to bet that she will become a tightwad when she has to pay for stuff herself?
She did manage to get her cleaning job back so she has something waiting for her. Its nights and weekends so she said that she will try and find something for during the day. She is going to put in to be a sub at the grade school where she is at now.The teacher that she is with now and two other teachers are very fond of Anna and said that if they take days off they will only request her. Hey, its a foot in the door. I'm proud of her and I'm secretly laughing about how she is worked up.
Den and I went to Hobby Lobby looking for Thanksgiving day projects. I never would have seen this but of course, something naughty caught his eye. I wonder if Hobby Lobby will cover their birth control?
I bought some burlap, silver 70's looking material and some tulle from Hobby Lobby and then cut and tied A LOT. I scored a bunch of free candle from Sears and then bought some more from the Dollar tree. I love, love, love this gift!
This is a notice from the state of Illinois to bring the Lumina in for emissions testing. This is a death sentence for that car. Notice the PAIN magnet on it, it speaks the Vulcan truth. Den wants to bring the car in and have it looked at by a garage and see if they can tell us how much it will be to get the damned check engine light off. I say sell the poor thing. We have until the end of February to figure this out. Wanna buy a car? Its a great car, it just likes to have the check engine light on. Unfortunately, my van likes to keep the check engine light on too. Sigh.
This is terrible even by my standards!
I'm rolling in it. I scored $9 from Pinecone research and $15 from Sears. When I bought bedding from Sears, everyone got a free $5 giftcard that could be worth up to $15. And I got a $15 giftcard! Christmas shopping is fun when its free! I'll win the lotto next, I can feel my life going on the upswing!
So here is where we are at..................
 $250          Bank of America credit
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$153          Pinecone research
$320.13     BP
$25            Amazon gift code from Saving Star
$25            Bass Pro Gift card from MyPoints
$10            Chili's gift card from MyPoints
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$50            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
$4              Liquor rebate
$134.40     Hotel refund
$60            Free gas cards from Silverton converted to cash
$15            Sears bonus giftcard for purchasing over $50
Total $1172.02 for our 2014 Christmas!
If only it took as long to spend it as it does to save it. Oh well, even if I don't come up with enough money, the little bit that I will have to pay for will be easily covered.
Much to do,
Sonya Ann


10 comments:

Linda said...

It's great Anna is getting ideas for earning her way. Hey, were you shopping in Spencer's or Thanksgiving?

Cheapchick said...

Nothing better in the world than when kids have to learn how to support themselves - hopefully things work out the way she wants. She must be good if other teachers only want to use her as a sub.

Cheapchick said...

ps that Santa picture is terrible :)

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-She has a plan, she is just talking a lot about it because she is worried. I'm so proud of her.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I was super proud of her too when I found out that they only wanted her. Hopefully, she can piece meal something until she can start the Masters program, well, if she gets in.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I KNOW! I should be ashamed.

slugmama said...

They ALL get stingy when it's their money they are spending. lol

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm just wondering how stingy she will be!

Frances said...

I would think you have Christmas pretty much covered. That it a nice chunk of change.

Hubby used to sub and he had quite a few teachers that requested him. It kept him pretty busy. It is good that Anna has offers to request her before she even starts.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm pretty much done, yay me.
Anna has come a long way. I'm proud of her.