Monday, November 10, 2014

Graduating, Drippy and Done Mish-Moshed Monday

I am so happy with the way that Anna's room turned out. We got the expensive and beautiful furniture delivered and set about putting the room together.
I was convinced that putting a full sized bed with a dresser, chest and night stand would make the room look VERY crowded. Not so, if anything, it seems bigger.
It still needs curtains, 2 black lamps and a lamp shade but other than that, I'm calling it done.
And it has made the rest of the house look like utter crap. Den seemed terrified when I brought that up. I don't know if  he was concerned that I would start gutting the rest of the house and make him do more work. Or if he was worried that I would spend more money. As Forest Gump would say, "maybe its both." I foresee many more room redos in the future. I also realized that I'm not a fan of the new comforter in our room. Much money needs to be spent.
Den is still sick. He won't go to the doctor only because all they will do is give him a nasal spray. This nasty cold/virus/misery likes the people around here and everyone that is sick is getting a nasal spray.
Den informed me that this cold is so bad that it had to have been genetically engineered by the government. I told him the name of it is the man flu.
The above is a picture of a hose going into our pool that has been closed for the winter. Sigh, it seems that the liner is leaking. Flipping great. Den said we will have to replace the liner, I'm hoping that we can find the hole and patch it. I was hoping that I was going to get the water bill down a bit but having to fill a closed pool, isn't going to save us money. I should just give up on the water bill and the food bill.



I got $6 from Pinecone! Yeah me.
I've spent about $100 on gifts so far. Doormats and Christmas mugs for everyone! 50 mugs might be a lot to some people but not us. I'm just hoping that Den will be satisfied with giving out just that at work.Time will tell.
 SO here is where we are at..................
 $250          Bank of America credit
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$144          Pinecone research
$320.13     BP
$25            Amazon gift code from Saving Star
$25            Bass Pro Gift card from MyPoints
$10            Chili's gift card from MyPoints
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$50            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
$4              Liquor rebate
$134.40     Hotel refund
$60            Free gas cards from Silverton converted to cash
Total $1148.02 for our 2014 Christmas!
Hard to believe but Anna girl(My MIL's name for her) is graduating. Never thought this day would come when she was about 3 and biting me. She has not been an easy child. Love her dearly, but good Lord.
Anywho, she is trying to get into the Grad assistance-ship program. It would mean that she would get her Masters for free and the school would guarantee her a job while in the program. Its a 2 year program. I told her its the Masters program or she would have to come home. We will be cutting her off after this. It finally sunk in after I said she should move home. To be honest, I don't think that we could live together. I may bite her.
So if you would be so kind as to throw out a positive vibe or a prayer that she gets in, we would all be so grateful.
The only problem is the program doesn't start until the summer. So Miss Anna is going to figure something out until them. She could start taking classes before the program starts but she would have to pay for them so I think she should wait.
Ahhhh, one down and one to go.
Too soon?
Sonya Ann






14 comments:

slugmama said...

Hey!
My room looks so nice now I might just stay a month or four next time......do you have long term rental rates? ;-)

Congrats to Anna and I hope she gets into the program.

I don't believe you actually have a pool since I've never actually been in it. It's all an elaborate fake.

Biting Anna? Karma is a bitch so get those canine teeth sharpened up!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Your room awaits!
I hope she gets in to the program too or she is SOL! When she comes him this month, we are closing her accounts. So I may bite her after she is in charge of her own money. I don't see this having a happy ending.

Anne in the kitchen said...

The rom looks very nice, even without new curtains!

Congratulations on the almost graduate and possibility of grad school. the "cutting off" is a rude wake up call that all kids go though. Kinda hard on them though.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Thank you so much. I'm so happy with it.
Well, I have tried to tell her and help her set up a budget but I guess she will have to figure it out on her own.

Cheapchick said...

I believe kids gotta earn their keep = you have to cut them off at some point and Graduating college is that point. I hope things work out for her and worst case scenario she could get a job between now and when she finds out - that never hurt anyone!

Janie Junebug said...

You can make a list of all the changes you want to make and then watch for items you like to go on sale. Prayers said regarding live-in potential biter/bitee.

Love,
Janie

Linda said...

I really love that bed. And, it has a footboard!

Anna getting a job might keep her out of your biting reach. Hey, she can get a Christmas job now. She will get all sorts of discounts. When I had a Christmas job at Dillards, I was still there after Christmas and bought a $90 bathrobe for $17.

And, you might find a new comforter for your bed on sale and use her discount.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm with ya. Bye, bye mommy's checkbook. She is got her cleaning job back so she will have something for nights and weekends and she is looking for something for during the day.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Hahaha, your comment made me laugh. Just as long as I bite her, I'm fine with it. She was such a devil.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I like where you head is at! Make Anna work and I get the benefits!!!!!

Jane said...

I'm doing something wrong...Kazi still lives with me at the ripe old age of 24! I can't get her out in order to tell her not to come home! Does Anna get to use her "former" room when she comes to visit?? Redecorating around here is at a standstill until the kittens stop hanging from the curtains!!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I think you would miss her if she left. I miss Anna. Yes, Anna still uses her room. We all still refer to it as her room. And I decorated it with pictures of her.
And our crappy cat tore down two valances. So I know your pain.

Frances said...

You have to call that your guest room. As long as you call it "Anna's room" she could end up moving back in. I know a lot of people who kept enough room for their kids to move back and they DID. We did NOT do that.

It is not cruel to cut your kids off after college. I am sure you did not just tell Anna this. She should have been preparing for it.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I told her over and over. I think it just takes more nagging with this child than most. LOL