Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Cards From the Grave

Unbeknownst to Den, I had been saving the cards that his Grandpa had been sending him/us. Grandpa passed away in May. The birthday and Christmas cards that Grandpa had sent throughout the years, I packed away especially the ones that had a special note in them.
Well, I pulled out the last handwritten Christmas card that Grandpa had sent and put it front and center. I then, pointed it out to Den.
Our conversation went a little like this............................
Me-"There is a special card that I put in front." (I watched Den's face because I know how much it will mean to him that Grandpa is still a part of our Christmas.)
Den-(Opens the card and reads it and then looks horrified)"Grandpa sent us a card?"
I really think that its me. I cause the problems in this house. I really meant for that to be a special moment and for Grandpa to be with us. Instead, Den thought Grandpa was sending us cards from the grave. I saw it as thoughtful and he saw it as creepy. How has our marriage made it this far?
Christmas Ghost,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Just popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Jane said...

I wonder what Den would have said if you said the card was from Snorky!! LOL!

Cheapchick said...

So funny. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Many blessed inebriated days ahead :)

slugmama said...

Next time put a drink in Den's hand and pat him on the shoulder....lol

Janie Junebug said...

You were trying to be kind. Let him think whatever he wants.

Love,
Janie

Linda said...

That was soooo funny. You make me laugh. Men are very literal, and you have to tell them whole point or they will just go off on their own, thinking thoughts that who-know-where-they-came-from. But, that was hilarious!

Frances said...

Well, Grandpa COULD have. I have heard of people that know they will be passing away writing cards to loved ones for future years.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Funny, funny, funny. Men and women really do occupy different planets in the same space!

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-And I hope Santa was wonderful to you!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-BAHAHAHA!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Trust me dear, I am working on the many inebriated days!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-He is so slow sometimes.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-My kindness is scary to him.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I'm glad that I made you laugh! Or he made you laugh. It just didn't turn out how I wanted it to.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I have heard of that too. Grandpa was good but I don't think he cared that much about Christmas cards. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Anne from the kitchen-Yes they do!