Thursday, December 18, 2014

Intoxicated Past

Leave it to Anna to introduce us to our latest naughty indulgence. It's called Drunk History and it is screaming funny. They have historians get beyond drunk and have them tell a bit of history. Then they have famous actors, act out what the historians are saying. Here is a clip of one of them. Honestly, rent the series. Just don't watch it while you are eating, more than a few upchuck. Why didn't they have lessons like this in high school? I would have paid attention to history. And I probably would have learned about the same amount. Some of the historians are obviously drinkers because they held it together way better than some of the others. We may make this a drinking game at our house. I'm just not so good at history so I'll have to play drunk Star Wars or sci-fi or something. Then I would rock!
Drink and learn,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

slugmama said...

Sounds like a fun drinking game and might just surplant our tradition of turning "Bad Santa" into a drinking game.....

slugmama said...

OMG!
I LOVE the Lewis and Clark one.
After all, I am related by marriage to Meriwether Lewis....
The men all got SUVs....LOLZ....man, is she blitzed!

Cheapchick said...

We had these on TV in Canada but I never watched them. Just watched the Al Capone one - hilarious. Will have to have the family watch these - good clean family fun lol

McVal said...

Darn - you can't get it to stream on Netflix... I'll see if it's accessible via Amazon Prime.
Sounds funny!

Janie Junebug said...

The video is hilarious. I wonder if anyone would play Drunk Punctuation with me. Probably not.

Love,
Janie

Linda said...

I have got to get this.

Jenny Woolf said...

I love this!. Such a great idea! Are you going to tell your life history?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-HOW DO YOU PLAY DRUNK BAD SANTA???? I have to know!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-The SUVs part made that episode.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm so hooked on these. I just wish I had the time to watch them now. Christmas is getting in the way. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Family Video has it. Just don't eat and watch it. YUCK.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Let's just call you the winner on that game. I would lose to a 5 year old.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-It's the ones that can't handle their liquor that makes it funny.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Since I have spent most of my life drinking, I wonder if I would have to be sober to tell it.

Donna Freedman said...

I watched that series with my daughter and it IS pretty funny. Wonder if the folks doing the drinking and talking watch it later and decide to QUIT drinking.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-I was thinking the same thing. Some handled it way better than others. Loved it!