Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mish Moshed And Lost Tuesday

Dis you ever stop and think there was a higher power at work? I have and it was called Google Maps. I left on my quest to get DJ last Friday. It was another 12 hour haul. I'm still not familiar with the route yet so I let the GPS bark out orders and I just follow. Well, someone or something intervened and I ended up in the middle of nowhere. After about 30 minutes, I was a bit worried. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE was around. See the above picture, yeah that was all I saw. Then I started thinking maybe Google maps was having me drive out to the middle of nowhere to kill me. It would have been easy enough. Yes, I think about these things.
But after another 30 minutes, I realized something else. I was completely alone! As in Ms. Sonya could drop the hammer and haul A double S. I'm not saying I was speeding, it just felt like it.
On the return trip, I went the normal way and stayed on the major highways. That was better because it was all night time driving. I tell you what, that boy better visit me in the nursing home.
I also managed to find time to make a bunch of candy bowls to give out. Two of these things don't belong here, can you pick them out? I ran out of meshy stuff and those got saran-wrap. Shhhhhh, don't tell on me.
I did manage to get out of some of the cookie making. Den started on Friday while I was gone. But I still made two different kinds on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we went to my MIL's little get together for her siblings. It was nice to see everyone but still over-priced for crappy food.
The cat is still an ass. He has been ripping bits off of the tree since we put it up. He also has been adding them to his bowl like a garnish. We added cayenne pepper and pepper flakes to the tree water to keep them away. Our cat Harry, won't stop drinking the water. My cats adapt like the plague.
I'm like everyone else this year, I am running on overdrive. I have to finish wrapping, make cookie plates, make more food, and hand stuff out. Oh yeah, and Anna is graduating. We are in the homestretch and it will be over soon. Just a few more baby steps or eating an elephant or something like that. Just keep the analogies coming!
Where and who am I,
?


16 comments:

slugmama said...

At least my drive to the middle of nowhere to pick up the child only took 5ish hours not 12....12? Geez

I am so over Xmas and I feel like I've hardly done anything. I guess you get like that when u r having health issues(not bad but annoying ones).

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-He picked so far away just to make me drive or escape. I'm not sure. Or he may be trying to get a car out of us. Probably that.
I hope you feel better soon, maybe green boiled peanuts and a visit to me will help. Thank you so so much, I love you.

Linda said...

Sonya Ann,
I don't know my right from left, so barking at me would do no good. One time I made three lefts instead of three rights and ended up in nowhere. Oh, I went back to the beginning and did it twice more.

You cats adapting and drinking the water made me laugh until I cried! Then, I chuckled more.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I think my GPS was trying to off me.
And the damned cats are terrible. Cute but terrible.

Cheapchick said...

I wonder if lemon juice would work in the tree water. Better yet, just get some liquid cat vitamin and throw it in there - they for sure won't drink it!

Jane said...

I'm somewhat petrified of google maps for just that very reason though how cool to be able to speed, not that YOU were speeding or anything :)

Janie Junebug said...

I used to have a lady in my phone who gave me directions that were wrong. Once she tried to send me to Georgia! I got a new phone last year. The lady is much nicer. She doesn't send me to the wrong place, and if I make a mistake, she doesn't get that irritated sound in her voice like the other lady did.

Love,
Janie

Jenny Woolf said...

For a minute I thought the cat food picture was illustrating what was in your candy bowls. I thought I wouldn't comment on that, it might seem rude. But now I can.
A GPS once took us literally into a field, I mean literally.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Your comment about the cat vitamins made me laugh!!! That would work!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Right, not saying I broke any laws but...............

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-I would have been a little upset about being sent to Georgia. Well, maybe not it is much warmer than IL and the people are nicer. We had a Garmin and she was a rude little minx.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-HAHAHAHA! Not to worry, I'm not handing out cat food for Christmas. I may hand out a cat or two though.
Did you drive into the field?

MiserlyMac said...

I love those candy bowls, where did you get them? Your cat stories always make me laugh!

Sonya Ann said...

Miserly Mac-I'm glad that you like my cat stories. DO you want one of them or both? They are so bad!!!!
The bowls I got at the dollar store.

Frances said...

I hope DJ realizes how nice you are to drive 12 hours. Ugh!

Eventually you may do like my parents did when I was in college and tell him to find a ride at least part way home. Someone MUST be headed in his direction on breaks.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I begged him to look for a ride. He's a boy so nothing really happened.
He may get his car early just so I don't have to drive! That may have been his plan.