Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mish Moshed Tuesday

Let's just called Mish Moshed Monday, Mish Moshed whatever day. I'm having a hard time keeping up. How do people with small kids and 40 hr a week jobs do it? I know I'm doing it wrong, I'm just not sure how to fix it.
The above gift is for the owner of the company that Den works for. It was another stunning Christmas party.
The center pieces had over 40 roses in them.
It was held at one of the most posh places in the area. It was over the top. And everyone that attended got a gift. I got a porcelain angel and Den got a survival tool.
Yup, there was even a pianist. And the food was of course, fabulous.
From the top of the line country club to our white trash house. And why yes, those are fly swatters hanging from the tree. The cat is afraid of the fly swatters. To be honest, if I was quick enough, I would swat him on the ass with it. I am just too slow so I chase after him when he has been bad, smacking the floor and yelling at him. He's not a fly swatter fan. I felt like an idiot the other day when I thought about how I looked chasing him and then Den did the same thing the next day. We are idiots together.

And Voila, the finished product. We got a smaller tree this year and I'm really happy with it. Den normally wants to shove a tree twice the size of the room in front of the window.
This weekend, we picked up the last of the ingredients for the cookies and bought the last three gifts. I said I was done and then I found these........................
I'm sure DJ will drink water out of his, after all he is my child.


So I'm calling it for the year! This is how much I brought in for FREE!!!
$274.73     Bank of America credit
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$174          Pinecone research
$350.49     BP
$25            Amazon gift code from Saving Star
$25            Bass Pro Gift card from MyPoints
$10            Chili's gift card from MyPoints
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
$50            Gamestop gift code from e-rewards
$4              Liquor rebate
$134.40     Hotel refund
$60            Free gas cards from Silverton converted to cash
$15            Sears bonus giftcard for purchasing over $50
$20            Amazon gift codes from Swagbucks
Total $1268.11 for our 2014 Christmas! This was a really great year! BP and Bank of America treated me well. And just a reminder, we don't carry a balance and we don't pay interest so its all free money.
And we spent on our Christmas gifts this is $1304.53. Not too shabby. But we are planning on giving the kids some cash this year so that we will have to cover ourselves. Well, Anna will get cash, DJ will get a note saying that I'll be rationing it out. If I count the cash, our total will be $1754.53. I like the first total better. LOL. I'm pretty proud of this years outcome. I'm hoping that next year, I'll be able to cover the cash that we give out too. Keep dreaming, Sonya.
So are you done shopping? Did you use points/miles to pay for your Christmas?
Done and done,
Sonya Ann




18 comments:

Linda said...

I am almost done. No points/miles. I do have a variety of means--pinecone, rebates, etc.

slugmama said...

Wow! You only went over what you got for free by $36.42(you knew I'd figure it to the penny, right?lol)
That's amazing! And let's just not count that $400 cash for the kids. ;-)

The only thing I'd want to improve on his the liquor rebates....you and Den need to drink MORE. bwaaaahhhh

Sounds like a great party and y'all even got gifts?
So you got an angel and Den got booze? That IS what you meant by a survival tool because hon' it IS for me!!!

So how long til you start on 2015's Free $?

Cheapchick said...

I just used some swagbucks but had to save the rest. You did really well. Have you ever tried a water gun on the cat? They can't run away fast enough, way more fun than a fly swatter too :)532

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-Working the system is really the way to go for funding Christmas.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I knew you would be the one to figure it. And you are probably the only one that is as jazzed as I am about how much money I collect. LOL.
Its the holidays so we are drinking at mass capacity.I just haven't seen any rebates.
I'll start the tally again the beginning of the year. Bring it 2015!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I have thrown entire glasses of ice water at the cat and he just blinks while water drips off of him. He doesn't mind water at all. Yelling and chasing him makes me feel better and keeps him out of trouble for a little while. Then he just plops down in my lap like nothing happened.

Janie Junebug said...

One more gift to purchase when my sister sends me the gift card I need. My gift card will turn into a nice blanket for my son. That company party looks nice. I've never been to one that included gifts. Isn't it nice to be idiots forever with someone you love?

Love,
Janie

MiserlyMac said...

I did not earn as much as you but you inspired me so much that I said I want to be as savvy as Sonya Ann is with Christmas! I did swagbucks, my pints, my survey cc rewards and saved coins. Next year I hope to do better!

Donna Freedman said...

I spent less than $40 out of pocket; $20 of that was a check to the church because my dad said he'd prefer it to more Stuff. The rest was mostly paid for with gift cards from Swagbucks, MyPoints and several rewards cards.
In addition, I won the "date night" package at the Anchorage Hospice raffle; the various elements (hotel stay, dinner GC, spa certificate and essential oils) will be split among three different people.
Bought a bag of hardback books at a church rummage sale for $10; some of them became holiday gifts.
I used Jo-Ann Fabrics coupons to get some craft activity books for 40 cents, and bought a copy of "War Horse" at a thrift shop for 35 cents.
And I picked up some stocking stuffers and a couple of small gifts (including a $10 prepaid Visa) at the three conferences I attended this year. A few free-after-rebate items from Walgreens are my other stocking stuffers.
Yes, I'm frugal -- but I'm also debt-free. I believe there is a correlation.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Y'all just make me tired. I am so far behind it is not even funny, and sadly I just don't care. No one in my world needs or wants anything anyway. I suppose I should go ahead and put up the Christmas decorations and then maybe do a little shopping. Or maybe I will just read!

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Den and I seem to do the same stupid things. Fate?
I just wish that the wrapping and cookie making was done. Oh and that it was all handed out and that it was over. I don't ask for too much.

Sonya Ann said...

MiserlyMac-Well shucks, I normally don't inspire people. Good luck next year! I seem to like saving for Christmas, I just don't like it when December hits. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-Maybe I am such a Scrooge during the holiday season because it takes me all year to save and it spends so so fast.
You are the frugal master. I think there are so many ways that I could have stretched the money. But I feel like that every year. I'll try harder to spend better. Hmmmm, seems to be my motto. Could I get shirts printed? Could I use a coupon to get them printed?

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Just sitting and reading sounds like the best gift that I could get!

Jane said...

For some reason I thought the liquor rebate would be higher! Oh no, that's Sluggy!

Frances said...

You did so good this year! You give your kids a LOT more cash than we give ours. I guess you are a nicer mama.

We planned to not spend lots of money this Christmas as Hubby wants a new car in the Spring...well, new to him. So he told me to save the money I would spend for Christmas. I have just been buying him some little goodies, no big gift. Who knows what he will spend on me. LOL! But we pay cash for everything. Well, put it on a points CC, then pay it in full. We are pretty frugal. We still have a great Christmas!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I need to try harder in the liquor department!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are a wonderful mama! Those kids are so lucky to have you.
Den and I are going to go on a little trip for our Christmas present to each other. It's nice not to go into debt but I se so many things out there that I "need". There are some great deals but I have been pretty good about resisting. So far............