Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Moshed Whatever Day

I am so far behind in life. UGH! Sorry about being MIA, it happens this time of year. I'm so so so looking forward to getting back in a routine. That has to say something about how crazy it has been.
Where to start, where to start? Hmmmm, Anna is officially off the tit. Yay, tit.
Anna graduated from EIU. So the Saturday before Christmas we made a run down there and honestly, it was such a whirlwind trip, I don't recall much. We did get to meet Anna's boyfriend's Mother, sister and Grandmother. They are adorable and so so wholesome. Anna said it is only a matter of time before they met the real us. They are more southern in their ways and we are rude northerners. Hey, at least, I own it.
We had a really good Christmas and enjoyed seeing everyone. It was a hurried Christmas since we lost the weekend before because of Anna's graduation. But the gifts were opened and the alcohol was dranked so it worked out.
I think that I enjoyed this holiday so much because we drank pretty much the entire time. Now I know that I say I like a drink here and there but I don't drink everyday. Well, except for now. One drink led to another and I became happy and full of the holiday spirit. And that spirit would be alcohol.
The one thing that I said that I wanted to do this holiday season was to walk downtown main street in Antioch. It is always lit up and the shops have beautiful displays. So after Christmas and on our way to hit the Christmas clearance at Menards, we stopped in town for a quick peek.

This is one of the windows. It is just gorgeous. Timeless Treasures went all out this year. A lot of the stores try to one up each other but I'm thinking that TT won.
They also had Dickens statues out. They were a bit creepy but it was interesting to walk the town and read about each character.
There was also a shop set up to tell about the making of the "people." The crazy thing is the half painted man in the picture looks like our town doctor. Den said at least he finally found a way to contribute.

During our trek through town, we stopped at the local watering hole for a refreshment and a little gambling. There were two really drunk guys there and they were completely annoying until I had a few drinks. And then I realized that they were really great and I misjudged them.
The rest of my pictures after the pub looked like the one above. I'm not quite sure why but Den laughed pretty hard at me the next day. Oh and I fell off the curb and smacked into my van pretty hard that night. I'm not sure what got into me.
So I think that you are caught up in Sonya's world.
Sober?
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

slugmama said...

So glad Anna's done and you get your tit back....which one was it by the way?!?

So you went to Vegas for drinking and gambling without me?

Hehehe, "I" know exactly what got into you!
Love the last pic.

Merry Christmas cuzin'

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-It feels so amazing not to have to be worried about what she has spent on the credit card this time! A wonderful Christmas gift, I tell you.
Happy New Year cuzin'

Linda said...

So, you made two new friends over the holidays?
When my pictures turn out like the last one, I just "enhance." Often I get pictures; just as often I get nothing worth looking at.

Cheapchick said...

I can't wait until the last kid is off the dole - she seems to want to move out on her own the second she graduates highschool (age 18) so we are both counting down now :) Apparently I was really happy when handing out the Christmas gifts this year - likely due to the fact that I mixed a double rum and coke for it. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Sounds like you need a real holiday now.

Frances said...

So do you feel lopsided with one off the tit? Just curious.

Sounds like you were filled with the Christmas spirits!

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I need to be drinking to understand them. LOL.
I normally don't take pictures like that but something must have happened to cause it.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Dole is such a nicer word than tit. I have no class. Bet you knew that by now!
It does feel good not being terrified when opening the credit card bill.
And Ive never been a rum girl but I could see it happening.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-lopsided in a good way!
And I had enough spirit for a few people. It was a good spirit and I plan on more of it for tonight.

McVal said...

So glad she's not a boob anymore! or off yours or whatever...

Congrats to her! and congrats to her also that she found a normal guy!! Meeting the parents is always fun...

So you're already celebrating New Years too then?

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-My boob and checkbook are ever so grateful!
His family is wonderful and I'm pretty sure that he is the one. Bless him for tolerating her craziness. They said that Anna has helped stabilize him. Which is shocking! He started working 2 jobs and being more grown after Anna came into his life. Den's parents said the same thing about him after we meet. He didn't seem all that grown at 20 to me tho. He still did stupid stuff.