Thursday, December 11, 2014

Not Kneady Bread

Hey, have I ever said that I'm lazy? Oh and have I mentioned that I'm cheap or would it be poor? You decide. I'm saying that it is a little bit of everything.
Ok so I started out with an easy bread recipe and then tweaked it and made it even easier. I don't like to knead bread or fart around with it. And this is how this bread was born or would it be bread?
Again, with anything that I talk about on this blog-ALL CHOICES ARE YOURS, continue at your own risk. I may blow you up or make you poop. It really could happen.
Fell free to twerk this recipe all that you want.

Not Kneady Bread

1 1/4 cup of warm water
1 package of dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp veg oil
3ish cups flour

Add the yeast to the warm water and stir.
Add the salt, sugar, veg oil
Add 2ish cups of flour and stir. I use a wooden spoon. Stir in as much flour as needed until you get a ball that isn't sticky. It should pull away from the sides of the bowl.
Put dough in a greased bowl.  Let it rise for as long as you want.
*feel free to punch it down after an hour or so. I didn't but if you need to get your aggressions out, then feel free. I normally forget about my dough until its time to make dinner.*
Place in a well greased pan.
Bake at 375 for 45ish minutes. I always check after 35. 

This is a really good starting place if you have never made bread before. The inside is warm and fluffy but its the crust that makes it. Its all crunchy and hot. YUMMY!
Den even made plans for the next time that I made it. He wanted me to bake it on a 9x13 and smash it flat so there was more crust and then make it into sausage/hot dog rolls. He may actually get his wish. LOL. I aim to please, well I aim to please when its an easy request. Otherwise, he just gets the blank stare.
Baker's man or woman,
Sonya Ann



8 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am making this today. We have felt like crap for about a week and have been eating soup, soup and more soup. This sounds like it would taste good, even if we only have more soup.

McVal said...

YUM! I might have to try that this weekend!
OH and I love the donut snowmen!!! Iwould SO use black magic markers too...

Jane said...

Do you mean "tweak" the recipe? Though perhaps about eating a loaf I would need to "twerk" for about a month!

Frances said...

I think I will make this this weekend. Easy and yummy!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-WOW, you like my cooking. I have to say you are probably the only one.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I really love this recipe and I love that it is so easy. I'm lazy, I think that is something that we have established.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-You might throw your back out. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Good luck and not to complain but what's going on in your world? No new posts from you in a while.