Thursday, January 15, 2015

Filling!

Wow, this is a blast from the past! This is what our kitchen looked like in 2009. I need to start scrolling through some of the old blog posts to remind myself of how far we have come. It often feels as if we are spinning our wheels and not accomplishing anything but the pictures say differently.
Big difference! I'm not bragging, I just need a reminder to relax a bit. Things are getting
accomplished even if I forget about them.
 Enough of the reminiscing and on to the reason for the post! I'll get there eventually.
One of the women that Den works with told him about this super easy dinner. Every once in a while, you will score a discounted rotisserie chicken from the store in the evening. Well buy it! Take it home and get all of the meat off of it. Chop it up finely so it almost looks like tuna. Then chop a medium onion very finely and add a can of chipotle sauce. Mix and that's it! You don't need to heat it or anything just throw it on a tortilla. AMAZING! This is becoming a new "must have" meal in our house. So make this super easy filling and then decorate Mexican restaurant style! I do miss using the Mexican restaurant  in a box and the Chinese restaurant in a box. I miss the kids sometimes. Don't tell them that I said that!
Hungry,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

slugmama said...

You miss the kids?!?!
It must be your blood sugar talking......go eat something and QUICK! ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-It was a momentary lapse. LOL

McVal said...

OOH that sounds good!!!

Linda said...

I love the boxes and all the decorating. Now, I feel like my kids missed something. However, we never made Chinese or Mexican food.

Frances said...

LOL! Sluggy!

Hubby says you can put anything in a tortilla and it is good.

I only disagree when it comes to peanut butter. Doesn't do it for me in a tortilla.

Hubby sometimes makes something similar, but uses canned chicken, mixed with green peppers, onions and salsa. Yummy!

Anne in the kitchen said...

We also do incremental change, and it does not seem like anything has happened, because changes come slowly and regularly. Now that Son1 comes back with his family once or twice a year, I try to have at least one large project done before they get here. ( My idea of a large project and the rest of the worlds might be different. In my world reupholstering the couch counts as a large project.)

I miss the kids, until they have been here for a while and then I am ready to miss them again,

Sheila said...

I like your supper easy dinner recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I was all excited because chickens are on sale. It's the little things in life.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-One of the Mexican ladies that Den works with says that we are more Mexican than she is with all the Mexican food that we make. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm not feeling the peanut butter either. But I agree everything else is WONDERFUL! Now I'm hungry.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I so think that reupholstering a couch is a big project! We try to get one thing done a year too. Buying couches counts as a project. LOL. It cost more anyways.
And I agree completely with your last sentence. Nail on the head.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-Its super fast and yummy!