Thursday, January 8, 2015

Icy Roads and Cars

So I would say that this was a bit of shit to start 2015! You know how I said that 2014 was the year of furniture, well I hope that 2015 isn't the year of the car. That would suck.
Den's fine and the other woman is fine too. And that is the only thing that matters. Den was driving down the tollway and the woman in front of him spun out and hit him. So we get to start the fun process of getting our car fixed. It is a good thing that we have DJ's car as a spare. The funny thing is Den doesn't normally take the tollway to work but figured that it was safer. HA!
The officer that showed up at the accident said if it was drivable to get off the road. He said he had accidents everywhere. I believe him, it was a mess out there.
Den said the scariest thing about the accident was driving it afterwards. He thought that it was just smashed a bit but it seems the frame is bent. He said the car was trying to drive itself off the road. Poor guy.
The good news is I have something to write about for you. I wish it was I had won the lotto, that would be a hell of a tale.
Off to argue,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

McVal said...

Didn't you ALREADY have a year of the car?? Not too long ago??

I'm sorry! What a pain. But I'm glad everyone is ok!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Yes, we did have the year of the car. Maybe its like Groundhog day or something.

slugmama said...

Oh crap!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Piss on me...check
wreck...........check

Y'all are getting things checked off very early. Hopefully the remaining year will be uneventful

Janie Junebug said...

I hope it can be repaired, and I'm very glad no one was injured. Someone told me that it snowed a little bit today. I missed it. I feel bad because Franklin has probably never seen snow.

Love,
Janie

Rachel said...

Sorry about the car. Glad your husband wasn't hurt. It still sucks though. Roads around here are horrible. They closed schools today because the roads are so bad.

Cheapchick said...

Holy sucky start to the year and whats worse - even MORE vehicle crap. Perhaps you should sell all the vehicles and tell Den he has to bike to work from here on out - even in winter lol. And DJ has to bus it home when he wants to come :)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-And they have crap insurance!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-HAHAHA, you made me laugh. And I hope that you are right, we are done with problems for the year.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-You and Franklin can come visit all my snow and you can even shovel it!

Sonya Ann said...

Rachel-They should have closed everything here. The roads are still terrible. Sigh. We need to move.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Den would rebel after the first day. And forget about me getting groceries on a bike. But it might be a good way to keep the kids away! It would take them a month to get back home.

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG, so sorry this happened to Den. I'm so glad he's ok. It's been SO bad around here this week, hasn't it?

Hope you're staying warm!

xoxox

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-Yes it has been a damned mess. I'm still wondering why we don't live in Vegas.

Frances said...

I remember driving through that mess when I lived in Chicago. Everyone else was crazy!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-If people would just slow down so many lives could be saved.