Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Moshed Not Sure of The Day

Let's start the year out by striking a pose. They still have their issues but have fleeting moments of being cute.
I turned a massive 43 last week. I didn't post about it not from repression but from being crazy busy! I really like being this age. I'm ok with me and I know where I am going. Haha, to the liquor store.
Love this card, it is from my sister in law.
This card seemed to make Den mad. He really doesn't think that he is a problem or has ever been bad. I will let him live in that delusion.
My kids think they are funny.
I think they are lazy!
And thank you to all of you that wished me Happy birthday via mail or facebook. I like you way more than my kids. no LOL.
New Years eve was fun and well, I'll tell you about it. Anna, at the last minute as per normal, told us she was coming in and bringing friends. We had our friends coming over so we ordered a ton of Chinese food. Then Anna and her friends left before I picked it up. That's about right.
We had more than a few drinkie-poos with our friends and they headed out way passed midnight. Then the next wave came, Anna and her crew. I finally gave up at 2:30 am and went to bed. I was tired and well, tired.
The next morning I learned that someone peed in the kitchen garbage can. Still I have no idea the culprit but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't me. Someone, not sure if it was a new someone or the same someone decided to clean it with my homemade cleaner. So we rang in the new year with piss and vinegar. I'm hoping that the "shit on you" saying does not come true this year as well.
We are calling 2014 the year of the furniture. While we ordered this couch set the end of 2014, we didn't get it until 2015 but its my year so I'll call it what I want. We bought a new table, bedroom set for Anna's room, and two couch sets. Trust me, I'm fine with this money spent. The old couches were terrible.
The downstairs couches look black but they are really brown. And oh so smooshy and sinkable.


On Sunday, I drove DJ back to Ball State. It rained, sleeted and snowed mud. It was a terrible drive and it took 12.5 hours round trip. I saw at least, a dozen cars in the ditch and it was so windy that the massive road signs were blowing down. Yeah, it was one of those kinds of drives. It was just way too much. Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad he is gone and would do it again to earn my freedom. Not that I don't love my kids but holy hell do they make work. Let's omit the garbage can fiasco and just look at the food and laundry. I clean a room and they all head in there and trash it just as I finished cleaning the last room that they vacated. Again, lots of love to them but I will be glad to get my life and home back in order.
Poor Den stayed home and shoveled and then broke down the couch that we couldn't get rid of. Then made me a steak dinner. I was tired but not too tired to eat.
So I think that you are caught up in my world. I was thinking about posting about my 2015 goals but they are the same as always-save money. Tada!
Stinky can,
Sonya Ann





18 comments:

Linda said...

My mother said that as soon as we all left, she got new furniture to replace what was ruined. THEN, we started bringing grandchildren home to trash the new stuff. That is not true, except for maybe my niece who lived there. Your new sofa is beautiful.

At least the garbage can was there. I wonder what he would have used if it weren't. And, we are pretty certain it was a "he."

And the captcha was "letwe."

Rachel said...

Oh my, sounds like your new year's eve was crazy!

I really like the dark brown couch set. Lovely!

I didn't realize your son was going to Ball State. That is where my husband graduated from with a degree in communications.

Jenny Woolf said...

Haha, sounds like life has been eventful for you. You need to organise CCTV around your trash area.

Happy 2015, or whatever you call it

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I am so grateful to have new stuff. The old stuff had holes and was sinking terrible and I won't mention how ratty it was.
I'm pretty sure it was a he, too.

Sonya Ann said...

Rachel-It always seems crazy around here. I blame the kids.
Ball State is an amazing school. I want to go when it is warmer and just explore the campus, it is stunning!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I would so post the pisser on facebook! LOL
Happy 2015 to you too!

Cheapchick said...

You had a way more exciting New Years than I, but I did manage to stay up till past midnight - and taught my stepdaughter how to gamble (read play rummy). Kids are so freaking messy - I finally lost it just before Christmas and advised my stepdaughter we are not lowering our cleanliness standards just because she moved in with us (she suggested that lol) and she was going to have to step it up a notch or would be saddled with all sorts of new chores like scrubbing the kitchen floor. She has improved a tiny bit since so I call it a victory.

Frances said...

Wow! It was crazy at your house. I would have raised holy hell if someone wizzed in my trash.

I still think you are incredibly nice to drive DJ that far. I might be handing him a bus schedule.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am thinking the garbage can incident was a good thing. You already have the "well piss on you" thing out of the way for 2015. ( I am assuming it happened after midnight, right?)

Understand about the furniture. I have a couch in the den that has to go this year, but that means shopping and I really hate to shop.

McVal said...

Your furniture is pretty... and nothing is spilled on it!
My kids would TOTALLY buy me that card if they'd found it!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm starting to believe that all kids are slobs until they reach 30. Its like they want to be in trouble. How can they not see that they trashed everything and then not understand how we don't enjoy picking it up? Bless them all! I at least hope that you won enough money from her to pay you for a few housecleanings.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-No buses run out this way. We checked! Not even close. He went to his counselor to check. Just my luck.
Honestly, this one didnt bother me that much. I just thought that it was funny. The beer cans all over bothered me and I refused to pick them up.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Yes, it happened way after midnight. And I like how you are thinking. So its done for the year.
This may be the year of the furniture for many!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Give it time, give it time!

Jane said...

I love your new couches!! What's next on your list to replace? If I could get rid of my daughter I'd redo the upstairs bathroom but I REFUSE to do it while her hair still clogs the drains and the towels are covered in her mascara!! Counting the days...however, happily I've never had anyone pee in my garbage can...to my knowledge!

Donna Freedman said...

43? You're an infant.
Your old pal,
Donna

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Den is talking about getting rid of the our old bedroom furniture. I'm looking at the blinds but I'm thinking that we need to save our money to pay the deducible for the accident.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-I don't feel so young, talk to my knees and back.
Happy and prosperous 2015!