Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Moshed Tuesday

I was in the bedroom and Den called to me from the kitchen that he cut up an apple for me. Thanks but I didn't ask for an apple and then he brought me this little guy. Never in my life would I think, I need to carve fruit into a bird. But these things make him happy.
Here are the directions if the mood catches you. But I have to say that Den's head is better. No really, it is.
Den got a dehydrator for Christmas. He chopped tomatoes, potatoes and.........................
my apple/bird. I wanted to dehydrate it and then reassemble it but it wouldn't fit on the trays. Oh well, it still tasted awesome!
We are still moving along with the updating the house. I'm pretty sure those blinds came with the house.
We got bamboo shades. They let a lot of light in but my MIL Donna is making us lined white curtains so that should help.

Den's car is still in the shop. We had to go through our insurance to get it fixed. And we have to pay the $500 deductible. It's looking like the young girl that hit him has crap insurance. I'm thinking it will end up like the mess when my van got hit and the kid didn't have insurance.
Also, the shop that has the car is very, very behind. I'm thinking that we are lucky that we have the Lumina. They offered us a rental but I was too worried that it would get smashed too with the state of the roads.
And you are caught up. Wait, I still have no $ for Christmas 2015. Now, you are caught up!
Dried, crunched, broke,
Sonya Ann





16 comments:

McVal said...

I like the look of the bamboo shades! and boo on car expense and stress...
It's only January. You've got 11.5 months to ramp up the Christmas money,right??

Donna Freedman said...

I think the apple bird is beautiful! (Also: I think Den likes you.)

Jenny Woolf said...

Talented! I wish someone would cut up my fruit and veggies like that.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Right, I have plenty of time to come up with money as long as people stop hitting our cars.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-So its' sort of the penguin and the pebble sort of thing. Or how about a cat bring its owner a dead mouse? I had a friend that woke up with a dead rat on her chest thanks to her cat. Ewwww. The apple is a better gift.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I'll send him to you. LOL

Linda said...

I love the apple and his creativity and desire to please you by cutting a pretty apple bird.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-It was a sweet gesture. He has his moments.

Cheapchick said...

Love the apple bird - who needs flowers? They are pretty strict in Canada with huge fines for those who don't have liability insurance so people here rarely ever get caught without minimum liability of $200,000.

Frances said...

The apple bird is beautiful! I agree with Donna Freedman, Den must really like you.

My hubby has never carved ME a fruit animal.

Janie Junebug said...

Den is an artist.

Love,
Janie

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I would much rather have an apple than flowers. It just makes more sense to me.
And I wish that the US would fine people that went without insurance. They give them a ticket if they catch them but it isn't doing any good. It is looking like we won't get the $500 back for this accident either. What a waste.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I told him about all the compliments and he loved it. Everyone is feeding his ego.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane Junebug-Yes, he is. He should be the one that stays home and I should be the one out working. It would make more sense.

Jane said...

That happened to Kazi's car when she was in Chicago back in November. She just got it back this past week! And she had to pay the $500 deductible too - she's optimistic she'll get the $500 back from the other guy's insurance hahahaha - I told her it's nice to be optimistic:)

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I never trust or hope about things like that. It's not being a pessimist its just I've been down that road before.