Monday, January 12, 2015

Parkinson/Murphy/Sonya's Law


"Parkinson's law is the adage that "work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion""- This is so true. Sometimes, I can get a few hours of chores shoved in 20 minutes. Mind you, my work is not as good if I rush through things but in a pinch, I can manage to get a house picked up and sort of clean. Maybe it has more to do with what is acceptable for time spent?
Parkinson's law also applies to money. If you are terribly broke, you will find a way to make it on very little. But the more money that we have coming in, we stop being as frugal(the broke mentality leaves) and we shop according to what we have coming in.
Now enter the dreaded Murphy's law(anything that can go wrong, will go wrong). So life makes a mess of things and we are stuck sorting it out. And it usually means that our checkbook is going to take a massive hit along with the Kleenex box.
Now for Sonya's law, bet you didn't know there was one of those? It's more like Parkinson's law and Murphy's law on steroids and then adding alcohol, mental illness and some fun but poor choices. Oh and too many cookies!
I think I may just be craving some control over my fat ass, the checkbook and time. I love the kids and we had a pretty good holiday but I just want to go back to normal. I'm a bit done with feeling out of control. Do you crave control?
Problems with the law,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I crave control like you would not believe!! The moment one thing is out of my control, I am drinking and raving. It is getting a little easier as I get older, but not enough. This is why I am always involved in something - to keep my mind occupied.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-Maybe it is just the holidays that makes me nuts and makes everything feel out of control. I don't know but I'm throwing the brakes on.

McVal said...

I'm frantically looking for the brakes, but someone moved the dang pedal.

Cheapchick said...

I just want life in general to get back to normal - not just Christmas. My stepdaughter has full intention of leaving back to Alberta the second she is done school - with my blessings. Think teenage angst x 100. Some of the reasons she left Alberta are becoming evident. There is always liquor for you and I - and that in itself is a blessing :)

Linda said...

People who drink love me; I can be your designated driver. Oh, drinking at home? I will hold your hair while you throw up.

Because some things are out of my control, I do crave control. However, I can give up control as long as it is done my way...lol. Specifically, I am talking about driving safely.

Jane said...

I do crave control - that's why I'm single!! I cannot even compromise! And routine - dear God - don't make everyday a wild and crazy ride!!

Frances said...

I don't really crave control, but I know that nice feeling of everyone leaving but Hubby and me and how wonderful the quiet and calm is.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I don't really crave control as long as life and everything/everyone is behaving as I would like it/them too. I am ready for jury duty to be done and my life return to some semblance of normalcy.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-It's easier now that the kids are gone but I still feel as if things aren't settled.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Ahhhh bless her little teenage heart. They all pull some stunts. And I'm starting to think that girls are the bad ones.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I never get that bad at home. I like to have fun but I won't ruin the next day with a hangover.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I love the easy days that fall into place and nothing goes wrong. They are rare but I do so love them.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances- Yes and when the house is back in order. I'm starting to dejunk the house now. This is the first time that I think that it will stay now that the kids are gone.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-RIght, as long as I am getting my way, life is good. Why can't I get my way every day?