Thursday, January 22, 2015

Techno Love

I'm so loving our new phones and T-Mobile. I can't believe that we were paying Verizon almost $300 a month and that wasn't including the costs of the phones! Thieving bastards. Our bill is now $197 a month and that includes 4 new phones. I should have the phones paid for soon enough and then the bill will drop to about $125ish.
When we signed up with T-mobile, we just missed the special that my best friend had gotten when they signed up. It was $100 a month for unlimited text, calling and 10 GB of data a month. When we signed up it was unlimited text, calling and 4 GB of data a month. I had to wait to sign up and missed the deal because it is very difficult to get all of us together these days.
The 10 GB of data deal started again and I called hoping that they would sign me up. And they did without a problem! 6 GB of extra data for nothing! And if you go over the allotted data, there are no overages charges, it just slows down. I use my phone as a hot spot ALL THE TIME! I'm so getting my money out of them.
We had to pay Verizon over $500 in termination fees when we left. One last twist of the knife before we escaped! But T-Mobile is paying for all terminations fees now in the form of a visa card. Can you tell that I like them? We are expecting a visa card soon. I normally save "found" money for Christmas, I think I have said that before. But I think I may challenge myself to use it to pay for gas and our groceries and see how long I can get it to last. Wonder what Den will think of my new challenge. Crazy? Hair brained idea? I get those a lot. I'm going to use the money for our Vegas trip in April. It's fast approaching and I haven't really saved for it.
Over-endowed data,
Sonya Ann 
PS-RUN OVER TO SLUGGY'S AND ENTER HER DRAWING!!!!!!!! YES, I HAD TO YELL THIS!!

12 comments:

McVal said...

Good for you!!!! I'm jealous... yet again.

Donna Freedman said...

Definitely use the card for gas 'n' groceries. It'll free up money in your budget that you can tuck away to give to charitable causes. Or to take yourselves to Vegas. Don't they say charity begins at home???
A business colleague gave me a $100 Visa card for Christmas, as a thank-you for going "above and beyond" with my work. I'm using it for small purchases at the supermarket et al., just to see how long I can go without spending any actual cash this month. Still got $12.09 on the thing.

Cheapchick said...

Nice of them to give you something for your termination fees- I would have used it for travel too :)

Patti said...

I have used tmobile for years, I love it, too!

Frances said...

I think that the GC is not really found money as it is refunding money you put out. Would you have really paid $500 in cancellation fees to switch if it was not being refunded? Just curious.

I would definitely roll it into groceries and gas.

JMO, of course.

Frances said...

Oh, and I am really glad you love your new phones and service.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-But you can sew!!!!! And your craft and you are always on an adventure!

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-It's not going so well with the gift card.Den's name is on it and he either forgets to use, over-spends, or presses debit instead of credit and check out is a problem. UGH, why didn't they put it in my name.
I think that it is great that someone recognized that you went above and beyond, it really makes you feel good. I bet you will make it until February.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm trying to come up with a way to get it all off at once. Having Den in charge since its in his name, isn't the way to go.

Sonya Ann said...

Patti-I am so so sorry that we didn't switch years ago. We would have saved about $1200 a year, that is sickening.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Yes, I was so disgusted with Verizon that I would have paid it. That says something if I'm will to put out that much money to get away from a company. But I would have made it back in 5 months since we are saving $100 a month. They are losing people left and right and the CEO just said that he won't lower prices. I'm thinking they are on their way down.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Its the same thing except we get unlimited data! Makes me sick.