Monday, February 2, 2015

ADHD Soup or Celery soup

Not to brag but ok, yes to brag-THIS SOUP IS AWESOME!!! So if you are awesome and lazy like me, this is the soup for you!!!!
I started with this recipe from Fat Secret and then tweaked it. I'm still dieting and am always on the look out for something easy and yummy just like us! See how I included you in that. I'm really just hoping that you will click on my ads. Hey push my buttons or click my ads, its all good. Just kidding.
I haven't lost any weight really but I'm still dieting. Ok look, I never said I was smart, I said I was awesome. Who diets even if they don't lose weight? A moron, or me. But if you want to be awesome too, make the soup. If you want to lose weight, well I got nothing. But this soup is so wonderful that it doesn't feel like you are on a diet. If you are happy, its not a diet. Maybe that is why I can't lose weight, I'm happy or would that be because of the stuff called adult nourishment. Because isn't alcohol, soul nourishment? Yes, we all agree on that.
Now that we have all that sorted, here is the recipe. Again, with anything that I make, it is ALL at your own risk. Like if you drink with me, I'm just going to encourage you to do dumb shit. It's what I do and I'm good at it.
I'm now going to post the recipe-really. I won't fly off on a tangent. Not like that one time that I posted about trying to set my nipple on fire. That was a mess. I really do post about everything going on in my life. Even if it involves my nipple and celery soup. You get my A game all the time. Why do you keep coming back?
HERE IS THE RECIPE-Not really.
We had a obscene amount of homemade chicken broth because of all of the rotisserie chickens I had been buying because of the easy chicken tacos. Hmmmmm, I flew off on a tangent on that one too. There seems to be a pattern here or is it insanity or maybe ADHD. I'm too easily distracted to really care.
Right, what were we talking about?
I'll get it just give me a minute.
Wait the chicken broth?
Anyways, you can use normal chicken bouillon if you want. I won't judge. Other people might, not me. I can't focus long enough to judge.
Feel free to cut this recipe in half. I like to make a lot of soup at once and freeze it. Again, I said I was lazy earlier.
Easy Celery and Spinach soup
8 cups of chicken broth-homemade or from bouillon
4 cups of chopped celery
3 massive handfuls of fresh spinach or 2 frozen packages of spinach
1 medium onion
salt, pepper to taste
Throw it all in a pot and turn the stove on. That's it. Let it simmer until the celery is soft. Told you, I am lazy.
Now the real question in your mind, how's my nipple?
Perky and charred,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Cheapchick said...

We make a similar soup but throw in whatever veggies we have on hand like carrots, potatoes, frozen corn. Sometimes we add chopped chicken breast - and then to finish it off we make spaghetti and then add it to the bowl and top with the soup. We call it hubby's chicken spaghetti soup. Sounds weird but tastes good. I am not keen on spinach though - I would leave that out :)

Sonya Ann said...

CHeapchick-My FIL puts meatloaf in his soup. Sounds odd but they swear by it.
My grandmother used to collect scraps of food and then make frugal soup the first day of January. LOL I make it quite often cuz we are poor or frugal. LOL

Elephant's Child said...

I love that you are still perky despite the charring.
The soup? Hold the chicken broth and I am in.

McVal said...

:) We have a soup that you're supposed to eat if you're about to go in for heart surgery. Just certain veggies and lots of broth or tomato juice. I might have to make a pot of that again soon! YUMMM...
I feel perky too.

Practical Parsimony said...

If I ate cooked spinach, the only perky part of me would be the heaving. I like spinach, but it won't stay down if it is cooked. I suppose Elephant's child could eat the spinach and I could drink the broth. Or, I could eat the spinach raw.

Anne in the kitchen said...

So excited to get this recipe. I have everything on hand and it's whole 30 compliant (since I made my own broth) Guess what I'm having tomorrow?

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's child-Celery and spinach wouldn't be too bad with a ton of dressing on it. Again, I'm not winning at the diet thingy.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I have never heard of surgery soup EVER! Hmmmm, I'm guessing that there isn't a cabbage soup for a colonoscopy.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-Hahaha, it would be a cheap date between the two of you.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Honest to God, no one has ever gotten excited about my cooking. You have done wonders for my ego. Maybe its the pictures. LOL

Frances said...

Hmmmm...now I am hungry for soup.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-This is my new go to soup. YUM!