Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crafty and Loved Target

Ahhhhh, tongue refreshers, a totally and completely worthless product. Really, you ran all the way over here for this! It's a slow news week at the Motts. All I can say is, I have told you to stop coming back here. Don't expect much from this post.
Den and I went grocery shopping and every once in a while they have a cart of free things. And the entire cart was filled with tongue refreshers. I've scored some soap and laundry samples in the past and I considered it a win. Den thought these were great. I said, we don't need those. No one bought them because they are worthless. So Dennis snagged 6 of them to put in the kids Christmas stockings. He said he is also giving them tic-tacs, toothpaste, and dental floss. He's a dick when he plays Santa. He found this so so so funny. I worry about his maturity level.
He did buy me these flowers at the same grocery store so I'll let him be Santa for the kids. I better not get a tongue refresher for Christmas though.
Can you believe all those flowers only cost $15? I love Garden Fresh Market! And I might like Den, might.
And then Den made a blow-gun. He was so excited about this. I just shook my head and told him that I better not be his target. So far, the peace treaty has held.
I'm not sure why he feels the need to make these things. I guess if anyone ever breaks into the house, I could defend myself. I have asthma so it wouldn't be much of a fight.
My crafts are nowhere near as dangerous as Den's. I figured I would try my hand at card making. Don't expect much, I have very little talent. I might be better off making a shield to defend myself against the darts. He was telling me that you could make the darts with screws in them and they would stick in concrete. I might need a restraining order, now that I think this through.
I did manage to buy a vegetti this weekend. You can make veggie noodles out of carrots and zucchini. My plan is to lose lots of weight and be a smaller target for Den to hit with his blow gun. Being hit with concrete piercing darts might just be the inspiration that I need to get thin. Maybe.  
And we got the $500 deductible back because of the accident!!!!!! I had written the money off. So that little chunk will go into the emergency fund. Yay, fund!
And that's about it for my weekend! So was yours more exciting and dangerous than mine?
Defend thyself,
Sonya Ann




16 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I think the tongue refreshers and other dental accessories are amusing. Your flowers are pretty.

Love,
Janie

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!
You are too funny:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-I will be mad if that is what I get for Christmas. Its funny if the kids get it though.

Sonya Ann said...

www.MaisonStGermain.com-Well thank you!

Practical Parsimony said...

Exciting and dangerous? I had to search for a wayward hen in freezing rain and carry her under my arm as I drove home. However, I do not have to contend with concrete piercing blow gun.

The flowers are gorgeous.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-You are moving up on the wild side. You know a dart gun might work wonders for keeping your chickens in line.

McVal said...

LOL! I put asparagus in my son's Easter basket one year and "I" was the bad guy! At least your kids can probably use this, if their toothbrushes don't ALREADY have one on them.
The cheapos I buy do.
Let me know how the veggie noodles go! I'm thinking they'll taste like vegetables.

Cheapchick said...

Excellent news about your deductible money! Let me know how the veggie noodle things works out. Hubby always says he wants to eat healthy but then complains when there is no treats in the house. Blow dart gun? Is he thinking of having you guys retire in the jungle?

Anne in the kitchen said...

The tongue things are a riot and so is the stocking stuffing idea.
Beautiful flowers!
I have lived as the sole female in an all guy family for so long that homemade weapons for specific destructions do not even cause me to raise an eyebrow. Be glad that he settled for a blow-gun. Potato guns with a CO2 charge cause damage...real damage.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Will do on the veg noodles!
I think asparagus is a perfectly good gift. What is wrong with kids these days?

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Den wants to eat healthy and then he complains too. I'm not so good at drinking healthy so I guess I should shut up.
BAHAHAHAHA! I bet Den would love the jungle, me not so much!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I laughed so hard at your comment and read it to Den. You poor, poor woman.

Jane said...

Kazi is still waiting for her $500 deductible from her fender bender in Chicago. I'll let her know there's still hope!!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-We are still waiting to get our $500 back from the ass that hit my van. I wouldn't hold your breath. But I would at least, call them and find out about it.

Jenny Woolf said...

Tongue refreshers have not reached this side of the Atlantic. At least I don't think so. I have to say I have never looked .....

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-And I hope they don't make it to you, they are completely worthless! Who scrapes their damned tongue?