Monday, February 9, 2015

The Room of Many Colors

I'm sure that you remember us redoing Anna's room not that long ago. We did the walls in grey and everything else black and white. I had been planning on doing this fun thing with Anna's room from the beginning but its been hard to collect everything that I needed. I'm being all secretive, aren't I?
The cat wouldn't stay out of the pictures. He's mostly black and white so I let him stay.
Anyways, I'm just giving you a refresher walk through.
And that's about it. Can you tell that the cat has to be the center of attention?
When I was a kid, my grandmother used to always cry a little bit when she heard coat of many colors. I tried to help her by telling her to stop listening to it. She swatted at me a lot. I still miss her and her gravy. Honestly, her gravy still makes my mouth water just thinking about it. But I'm naming this fun little project after her and her song.
I've been collecting different colors to add to the room to change the feel of it. I'm loving the red bowl. I'll eventually get more things and swap them out but this is so much fun and everything was collected from the Goodwill.
I'm looking for red pillows to add to the bed, I'm thinking after Valentines day sales should help me.
This one is a bit blurry but my hands shake. Maybe its my blood sugar, maybe its the alcohol. No really, I was sober.
This was the only orange trinket that I could find. Orange is still a work in progress but I wanted you to get my idea. Well, I could hang Halloween decorations but maybe I'll wait until October.
This is the yellow things that I have gathered. The pineapple will be going both for green and yellow. Haha, it goes both ways.
I need to collect more yellow but you can see how much fun this is and I haven't spent more than $30 on all of it.
Here's green and my bi-pineapple.
I'll have to keep looking for green things. I'm thinking St. Patrick's day clearance.
I'm so loving the blue. I was worried that I might have gotten too many things for the blue. But I'm happy with the way that it looks.
Again, this one is blurry. I was in a bit of a hurry to get every color pictured. But the two little blue cups are being propped up by pinchy clips. See everything is half-assed frugal in my house.
Yeah, blue!
And last but not least, my lonely purple vase. I'm going to have to work on orange and purple.
I'm having so much fun with this and the vases were anywhere from $.49 to $3.99. So this isn't a huge investment and since all but 2 of the dresser drawers are empty, I've got plenty of storage. I'm sure I'll find a few more things to throw in my gay pride room. It's now like I have 7 bedrooms all rolled into one. Think I could sell this house as a 10 bedroom house? Probably not.
Many colors,
Sonya Ann








20 comments:

McVal said...

I've got a suedy red pillow that I can ship off to you if you want it! Want a photo?

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Sure, I'll pay for shipping. This is great, next time I'll post that I want money. Maybe someone will ship me some.

slugmama said...

I've got a worn out 50+ year old fat lady I can ship you to put into your guest room.
She can keep you amused with her colorful language, her imbibing and her pretty photos of everything she eats.
She is open to being removed from the guest room and being taken on adventures too.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-The door is always open to you! The big question is what color are you going to wear so I can match the room to you!

Elephant's Child said...

Clever. And fun.
And of course cats need to be in the picture. Literally.
Years back my partner's parents came to stay. When they got home and had their photos developed (I told you it was years back) one of our cats was in every single picture they took. Inside or outside.
He was white, but with a bit of dye could feature in the room whatever colour you were starring...

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love and live with this concept. My walls and floors are all neutrals, but I have crazy color throughout the house as accessories, pillows, paintings and such. The good thing about it is I can change things around for a new look with very little effort and money!

Wish I had known your needs/wants before my recent Goodwill donations.

Cheapchick said...

I like the red - but perhaps you need more excitement in your life? Just kidding. They all look great!

Janie Junebug said...

That is a beautiful room, young lady. You done good. The cat is the best part. One year after Valentine's Day I bought a white teddy bear that's holding a red heart. It's an important part of my bedroom.

Love,
Janie

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I still have film that has never been developed. I better get it developed before they stop doing it.
And I bet dyeing a cat would be no easy feat.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I was thinking that I needed to do more rooms in tan or white or something. I bet your house is so much fun!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Excitement here is never a good thing. It usually means a catastrophe.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Well thank you. I love this room, now all I have to do is paint every room grey. LOL
I have a bear that my sister in law gave me that sits right next to me at night. His name is Fredrick Edward Bear. Fred E. Bear for short.

Practical Parsimony said...

I'm now drooling over your grandmother's gravy, so suggestible that Pavlov could use me instead of a dog.

A can of spray paint lying around can help with the colors.

Janie Junebug said...

I can't reveal my bear's name. He is named after a lover, of sorts. I can't remember if I told you this before, but Favorite Young Man painted one wall in my bedroom red and the other walls gray. I have a red comforter (not too bright), and beautiful red curtains over white blinds. I feel in a decorating rut these days.

Love,
Janie

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-Grammy's gravy was the best and the thing is she didn't teach anyone how to make it. Its lost forever.
And all I need is a few cans of spray paint and I can paint the same items over and over. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Is your bear's name Brad Pitt?
Your room sounds stunning! It sounds all sexy and fun.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Sonya Ann, my house is either fun or odd. It all depends on how you feel about a monkey butler in the foyer.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I'm loving the monkey butler! SOOOOOOO cool!

Frances said...

Look at you! Being all creative.

And such a bargain shopper.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well shucks, I feel all praised.