Thursday, February 26, 2015

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

I have my moments. They are rare but still, I amazed me. I'm a bad cook but I pulled this one off.
This is a super easy and quick dish to make. I've seen a few things floating around on Facebook about kielbasa and I was reading up on cast iron cooking. I then, managed to find a few odds and ends here and there and voila, you have it. Even Den was impressed. That never happens here.
So again with everything that I put out in cyber-space, its at your own risk!
Easy kielbasa skillet dinner-
a few potatoes
a few carrots
a medium onion
one pre-cooked kielbasa link
the remainder of a bottle of Italian dressing(about 1/3 cup)
salt and pepper to taste
Peel, chop, mix! I covered it in aluminum foil and baked it at 375 for about 45 minutes. It really depends on your oven. Just cook until the veggies are soft.
And because I was unstoppable, I threw in half a head of cabbage with it. Yeah, I'm on a roll.
This is an easy way to use up the last of your cabbage.
Roasted Cabbage-
Sliced cabbage
salt, pepper, Italian seasoning to taste.
Spray the tray and the cabbage with oil and then season.I baked this at 375 for about 40 minutes. This took a lot longer to bake than I thought it would. Just check it every so often.
You don't really get recipes here, its more like a guideline and a guess.
Almost cooking,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

slugmama said...

I'd call that cabbage roasted not baked at that temp. Next time you roast cabbage skip the Italian dressing and just drizzle with EVOO and sea salt. Just as syummy. 8-)

Practical Parsimony said...

You have the type recipe I appreciate. There are no 1.5 pounds of potatoes and such silly things to get in my way. I will NOT be weighing out potatoes.I just use all of what I have or what looks right. Right now, I wish I had cabbage and kielbasa. It's wonderful your husband is impressed.

Janie Junebug said...

Den should be impressed 24/7.

Love,
Janie

Anne in the kitchen said...

Sounds really good. I'll have. To try it when I get home.

McVal said...

ooooooohhhhh that sounds delish!

Frances said...

Drooling! I love cooked cabbage. Cooked any way I can get it.

Hubby does not.

I only get it when I go to a restaurant that serves it or my mom's.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I just love it roasted. Now I'm hungry again.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I'm always winging it in the kitchen. I'm not the type to run out and buy something, I improvise. Sometimes it works and others not so much.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Well lets not go that far!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Hope your trip goes well!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Thank you!!! It was so good.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I may need to make you some and ship it. It probably won't ship well though. LOL