Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dehydrated Drinks

Did you ever concoct a plan so brilliant that you scared your man? I didn't think that it could happen but it has. Den questioned my latest money saving plan. This coming from the man that threw an entire brick of jumping jacks into a lit grill. Or the same man that set off a quarter stick of dynamite in the pool. Or the time he was sloppy drunk with the neighbors and told one of the other drunk husbands that his back was hurting. That drunk husband proceeded to give my barely walking husband 2 Vicodin. I drug him out the door and home that minute. Cuz I knew if I waited there was no getting him home. I will not point out the fact that I destroyed myself one of Den's birthdays and tried to say Happy Birthday the next morning and all that came out was a belch. Our problems seem to revolve around alcohol. We are fun and it seems rarely sober.
Anywho, I'm on super saver mode for our vacation to Vegas. And since the state doesn't seem to care that our refund was going to pay for our trip, I'm trying to scrape up as much money before we go in case the state of IL fails us. I have a few funds I can rob but I like to challenge myself to "find" money. And that is when I had a brilliant idea. We should stop buy alcohol and drink ourselves dry. The only problem with this plan is that some of the stuff we don't like and there is only small bits in other bottles that we do like. Translated-we would be mixing our nightly beverages. The good news is we didn't drink bleach. I don't know why Den even pulled that out. All I have to say is, thank goodness I'm the one in charge here.
Oh and so you know, Chocolate Martinis and Tequila aren't a good mix during the week. Cow Pie shouldn't be added in either. Just saying.
Have you ever come up with a brilliant plan like this?
Sober?
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

slugmama said...

Ok, now you are scaring even ME!

This ain't what they mean by mixed drinks....lol

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Why he needed to pull out the bleach is beyond me?
I think drinking us dry will take a while. We have quite a few partials.

Cheapchick said...

Does Den have life insurance on you? Just asking since he was the one who pulled out the bleach... :) kidding!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Thinking bleach is not a particularly good mixer, but drinking up the partials is a good idea. I make most of the mixed drinks here and have been known to combine odd parings. Sometimes it works and sometimes not so much. Chocolate martini/tequila does not sound great.

Jill said...

I was wondering about the bleach too...lol. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Have fun ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

Partials here would be a sad bad time. The things that get left are the things we don't like (often gifts). Bleach might be necessary to take the taste away.

Jane said...

I have to admit I was a wee bit concerned about the bleach!! Though I guess if you dilute it enough...nah, not even then!

Practical Parsimony said...

At least you have it documented that he put bleach out for you to drink. Sometimes, evidence is needed afterwards....

Since I rarely drink, I cannot give advice. Just don't. I bought chocolate wine because it looked great and sounded better. It is not. I gave it away. I have had a bottle of rum here for two years for canning. I have muscadine wine that is great, just not drunk by me. If you lived near me, you could have my stuff.

Frances said...

When I was a bartender many, many years ago, I kept a fully stocked bar at home. It was easy when I could get cheap booze through the bar.

I kept some booze for years, but since Hubby and I rarely drink, we don't anymore.

We do have bleach, though.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Not that I know of. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I'm sure with your cooking skills you could mix up something and it would be wonderful. If I tried, it would taste like bleach.

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-I am so excited about going to Vegas. I would start packing now if I could give up those clothes for a while.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I really did bust out laughing. You get my funny lady award for the day.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-If you have ever accidentally gulped pool water, you have ingested bleach. Yup, its the same thing. Well, bleach might be better for you, we all know what's in pool water.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-Well, thank you for wanting to share your partials but we have more than enough.
And yes, you are right evidence may be needed at a later date.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Oh, I would be drunk all the time if I could get cheap hooch. As it stands, I'm only drinking on the weekends. It's sad really.

Jenny Woolf said...

Have you tried gin and beer?

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf- I can honestly say I have never tried that one. I snarled a bit. Is it a good combination?