Monday, March 16, 2015

Drunk Packing

Did you ever buy something and then think, "what the hell am I going to do with this?" I saw this suitcase at a garage sale for $1 and thought it needs to come home with me. Mind you, it matches nothing here but it called to me. I never do that but it was $1 and cute. So I packed it full of presents in the gift closet so it wasn't really taking up any room and then left it there.
I had been storing all of my card making supplies in one of the drawers in Anna's room. It was getting hard to drag everything around and then I remembered the luggage. This will make it so much easier to lug to the kitchen table. It also slides under Anna's bed easily. Again, the cat had to be in the picture. The lid wouldn't close with him in it. Damn.
Do you ever see something and buy it only to use it at a later date? I normally don't do things like that just so that I keep the clutter down. 
And GREAT NEWS PEOPLE!!!! The local liquor store sent out a COUPON!!!! Yay for getting a discount on our alcoholism. Den and I were both VERY EXCITED! All I can say is the economy must be on the upswing!!!
Drunk cards,
Sonya Ann
PS-Hey, Frances over at Looking forward to being more frugal is having a Dial giveaway!!! Run over there and say hi but don't enter because I want to win. Ok fine, you can enter but I get to win.

20 comments:

slugmama said...

Hey! I've spent big bucks in that liquor store....where is MY coupon?!? 8-)

joe said...

The suitcase looks like your cat would fit nicely in it

Cheapchick said...

OMFG you get coupons from the liquor store! I wish! Ours is government controlled and they don't allow that. I love the idea of storage for that suitcase. You could put it under any bed/lots of places and is nice and secure/spider free (a big concern here)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You should drive over and complain or I could share my coupon with you. I'm nice like that.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-He's such a shit.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-They may be cleared out by the time Den and I get there. We are a town of drunks and damned proud of it.

Jill said...

I love using suitcases for storing things. I even hide the Christmas gifts in there in my closet because the girls never think to look in there... unless they read this comment, then I'm in trouble, lol. Your cat is just as curious as ours. Anytime there is anything new around he has to check it out :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Practical Parsimony said...

I have bought things and found a use later. I always store things in my luggage. Actually, I foldable luggage in my luggage.

Elephant's Child said...

Our luggage is stuffed full of things (but not the cats). To the extent that when (rarely) we go away we have to unpack before we pack. And then have nowhere to put the things we have unpacked. Sigh.

Jenny Woolf said...

That is a beautiful suitcase. They don't make them like that any more.

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-You are funny but I think your hiding place is safe with me or my blog.
And Ive never had a cat this naughty before. And I have to admit that I am quite fond of the little idiot.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I keep luggage in my luggage too. I'm not really a collector of stuff but I thought that suitcase was adorable.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I don't have to unpack to pack, well unless you count taking the other pieces out. Oh and the neck pillows which I call hemorrhoid pillows. I'm a classy gal.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-No they don't. I remember that my grandmother had a blue case just like that one. Maybe that's why I wanted it so bad.

Jane said...

I don't think you can go too wrong with suitcases, boxes and the like. Anything that you can store messy crap in wins for me.

McVal said...

Cute suitcase but I never go anywhere that requires anything more than throwing a clean pair of undies in my purse... But storing crap does sound intriguing...

Anna sounds like she has it all on the ball! If I was her mom, I'd be so proud of her too. And depressed because she's clear the hell over there.
sigh.

and awesome news about your FIL!!! When my BIL got fixed, Robb sent him a care package with Aqua Velva in it. Like who's going to shave down there?? It'll sting anyway. Which I think was the point...

Frances said...

Holy cow! A liquor store coupon! I would use that one, too. LOL!

Good deal using that suitcase for your card making supplies.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I have a thing for baskets, boxes and soap. It must be a hangover from a past life or something. I had to carry everything and I was dirty.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Well, what happens if you go away for more than a day or two? Those poor panties.
I'm happy for Anna just not so much for me.
That is awesome about the Aqua Velva don't think I would use it on my area either. I guess its better to get that than Old Spice.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Garage sale season is going to start around here in a month, I wouldn't mind finding another suit case.