Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Everything and Nothing Tuesday

So much to drink tell and so little time. I'll get you caught up fast enough. I know you have been waiting eagerly. Not really, you are probably just bored.
Never fear, my love for alcohol and being cheap will never waver. I can feel how proud you are of me. Remember the coupon from the liquor store for $5 off $50 or $10 off $100, well I used it. My BIL sends me for bourbon all the time. He's in OH and doesn't get to our liquor store often. The liquor store is quite well known for its selection. Me, I go straight for the Boone's so that's all the selection I need.
Anywho, it was $117 for my BIL's hooch so I grabbed $10 worth of cheap alcohol for us and got it for free. Cheap drunks and damned proud of it!
My FIL is recovering very quickly. He is following the doctor's instructions to a T. After the surgery, the doctor had said that he had been doing it for so long that he could eyeball it and see if it had spread and if he had gotten it all. His eyeball gave us the all clear. The test results were not. Damned eyeballs. It seems that radiation is in his future. We are all thankful that it isn't a fast moving cancer but still, its not something that you want to hear.
I have resorted to taking pictures of the pool because I believe this is as close as I'm going to get to a summer. It's still cold, snowy and all around crappy here.
 No really, the pool is draining itself and I'm using my pics to track it. My life is sad.
This was from this weekend. It's nice and black. But it seems to have stopped draining. Now we just have to find the leak. It will be somewhere at the water line. This is better than having it all drain out. The walls can collapse if there isn't water in it.

Anna is doing well in Cali. She is still so happy and she found a job. She is going to be nannying for a billionaire's two children. They are 12 and 14. I'm proud of her but still wondering what she has gotten herself into. But hey, this is something that she has talked about doing for a long time. I'm proud of her that she found a job so quickly and she is going after her dreams. I'm wondering how long this can last though. She is starting at $13 an hour but will increase by $2 increments. That's not much for someone with a teaching degree trying to make it in CA. She will get a company car and a credit card. Knowing how she charges, he may be broke soon. LOL. It seems she was only out of control with us. If nothing else, it should make for some interesting stories.
Since we have such crap windows, we have to put plastic up every year. I love when I take it down and we can start opening windows. Down with the plastic usually means things are getting warmer around here. Not this year. The cat has discovered that if he jumps high enough he can slide down the plastic and shred it with his back claws. It's nice and drafty in the front room and it sure isn't warm here. The cat is slowly becoming my arch enemy.
I got a massive $15 from Pinecone Research and $30.80 from BP. Go Christmas, no really, go Sonya.
So we have..............
$30         Pinecone Research
$69.59    BP
For a total of $99.59!!!
The good news is Den and I booked flights with his parents to Vegas in October. This will be so much fun and was something that seemed to really perk up both of his parents. I paid $44.80 for 4 round trip tickets. Well sort of. I have been charging DJ's tuition. EIU didn't make you pay the fee if you used the credit card, Ball state makes you pay the fee. It's about $200 twice a year but we bank enough in points for 3+ tickets. Plus everything else that I do helps boost the points. We are earning between 4-6 round trip tickets and that is going to Vegas. If we went to Florida since it is fewer points/closer, we would have 8+ round trip tickets. The high end, we might be paying $90ish a RT flight to Vegas. The only draw back is you have to book 6 months in advance to get them cheap. Did I mention that we are going in April too? Plus we get compt the rooms. I'm happy.
And that's all you get,
Sonya Ann






21 comments:

slugmama said...

Weller huh?
He DOES have expen$ive tastes! lol

And just where is the plan for booking a ticket to come see me?
Hmmm?!?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Yes, he does but hey, I get the miles.
You need to move closer to me. Can you imagine all the trouble we could cause!?!?!?

slugmama said...

I don't know.......we'd go broke raising all that bail money all the time.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-YOu are being kind of a downer.

Cheapchick said...

He eyeballed it? Why would someone even do something like that? Hopefully the chemo will take care of it. Instead of Rat Bastard - Cat Bastard :) You need to win big in Vegas so you can go a traveling.

Practical Parsimony said...

"Eye-balled it"? Is that a new term for docs? I would be terrified if I heard a doctor say that. Thankfully, he fell back on tests!

Those nanny stories could be so entertaining you could start a whole new blog.

joe said...

I don't get the Santa pic....

Elephant's Child said...

The arrogance of some doctors makes my blood boil. Lucky that one had some back up. Too many of them consider themselves to be more infallible than the pope.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheachick-I think he was trying to make everyone feel better. And he couldn't see that it had spread. I just think I would have worded it differently.
Hahaha, yes, I will now use the phrase, cat bastard. Brilliant, my dear.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I had never heard of a doctor saying that before either. But he was nice enough.
I'm sure Anna will have some stories to tell, oh and me too.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-Just stare at it for a while.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-It was just an odd thing to say but I think he wanted us to have hope. He's a nice guy but I'll not trust his eyeballs again.

joe said...

Nope, still don't get it...

Sonya Ann said...

joe-There is no helping you.

joe said...

... still trying..

Sonya Ann said...

joe-You are crazy but keep trying.

Jane said...

Sorry to hear about the need for radiation - I'd be giving that doc the HAIRY eyeball for being so ridiculous. Once your windows are open does your cat like to slide down the screen? Mine do:/

Frances said...

I wish it were still cold here. Even our "cool fronts" are too hot for me.

Yeah on the Christmas fund growing.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Sue normally throws himself at the screen. Hairy just watches the little idiot. I think that he is as disgusted with him as I m at times.
I just hope everything goes well from here with my FIL.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-As per normal, I wish that the Christmas fund was funded by now. But it seems to be a struggle to the last day.
It's 30 here now and almost April. It is shit weather.

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the #1 work from home site.