Thursday, March 19, 2015

Klingon Luggage

I have a super easy tip for you and your college student! Yes, pack them off and be done with them. See how smart I am! And I'm spent(Little Austin Powers for you).
Whenever Anna or DJ would come home for a long visit or break, we would be in gathering mode. I would pick up little things and food and store them in the closet until they could take them back with them. And then right before we would leave to take them back to college, we would head to the store for a big shopping extravaganza to load them up. Food(specifically, mac and cheese and anything else that can be cooked in the microwave. Really, they should have a microwave cooking course for college students. I mean if they can teach Klingon as a course, why not microwave cooking? I think that would be more useful. But then again if they did run into a Klingon, offering them anything other than gagh would be a dishonor. Oh and gagh is always served fresh. Just FYI.), shampoo, oh and Arnold Palmer Tea. So by the time that we get done we have quite a few bags of goodies. Have you ever tried to get a rolling cart at a college on the day that the kids return? Its more of a fight to the death sort of thing. And don't even try to get a parking place close. Just don't do it because even if you find a close spot, some D'bag is going to park behind you when you are unloading your kid and you will be stuck there.
Anywho, instead of fighting with your kid and trying to carry everything that they don't need into the room just throw it in your luggage with wheels. You would be shocked how many cases of water and tea you can get into rolling luggage.
Walk into their room, unzip the luggage, dump their crap on the bed and then flip them off wave goodbye as you leave with the empty luggage. I'm It's that easy!
Sometimes, I look back at my posts and think, "how the hell did that find its way in there?" I often think that about my life too.
Another ADHD post,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Good idea! I have used my rolling carry-on to hold a small cooler and extra drinks and lunch. My cooler did not have wheels. Suitcase did.

Cheapchick said...

Great idea! I don't envy you those drives lol.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I have so many things that I can wheel around now. Thinking outside the box helps.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-The drives are the worst. And I can't stay away from rush hour traffic in Indianapolis.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I think I got off kind of lucky in the get the kid back to school chaos. Ours goes to school in NYC so we just drop him off at the curb of the airport. Even if we drove him there, there is no parking anywhere around the school so that would be a moot point. Luckily for him there is a grocery store 2 blocks away so he buys whatever he needs there.

I have also learned to take a small wheeled suitcase when i go to a couple of annual art shows. You never know when you will run into a paper mache snake door topper that you need for the foyer. It would be much easier to put her in a suitcase than walk through the remaining show with a snake around your neck, while lugging art made from an old Hoover vacuum . Or so I've been told

Elephant's Child said...

I do love my granny shopping trolley. I can pack so much in, and transport it.
I do hate my granny shopping trolley - for precisely the same reasons.

Janie Junebug said...

Okay. That's pretty darn funny. We got cars for our kids and made them responsible for getting their stuff to school.

Love,
Janie

Jane said...

Good thing I'm ADHD too so I could keep up to the pace of that post!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Yes, you did get off easy. I wish there was a way to just ship him off. We tried to find other ways for him to get home. His counselor just shook his head, he couldn't find a thing. He would need a taxi, a plane and a train to get him home. UGH.
I have a cooler with wheels and I keep it with me at all times in the van. It would do great at a craft fare. Snake door toppers rule! ;p

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-YOu are cute. And I get it, I drag too much in here sometimes.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-I wanted to give DJ my van and send him off but he is a terrible driver. Not as in hit stuff but he stresses out. He would have to drive through Chicago, Gary/Hammond and then Indianapolis.The kids going to give himself a heart attack. He won't even drive on the tollway. He's an odd bean.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-ADHD is distracting wait look, its a shiny object, what were we talking about.

Frances said...

Whatever works to get things there easier. I bought myself a wheeled cart to wheel stuff in from the car. I love it and now Hubby does too!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I love finding easier and cheaper ways of doing things. Especially cheaper!