Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mashup Tuesday

I'm tired just thinking about what I did this weekend. I may have put McVal to shame. It was really that crazy and the kids didn't even cause it.
DJ's car is giving up the ghost or should I say rust. Hunks are now falling off at an alarming rate. Den thinks the floor board is rusting through. I think he should knock off all the rust with a hammer and see what exactly is falling off. I mean, I doubt they just put extra junks of metal under cars to rust off. It's probably something sort of important. I don't want the boy falling through the floorboard when he is driving or anything. Den said he will poke around under there when it gets warmer. I'm just wondering if he won't see into the car once he starts poking. Oh and while he is working on cars, both my van and his car needs brakes. That should make him happy, right?
 Back in January, when we had our new furniture delivered I said to donate all four of the couches. Well a neighbor wanted the upstairs couches so Den and DJ just had to carry them one door over. Then they donated the loveseat from downstairs to Goodwill. Den said the big couch was too large for the van. I said, throw it in there and tie the door closed, its only 15 minutes from here. But no, he broke it in four pieces and left it. Why make something harder than it needs to be? So we both ended up cutting it down this weekend. Fine, whatever. And then he saw me taking pictures and got all snarky. Yeah, he knew I was posting this one. I stared at him until he decided to go back to cutting it up with a saws-all. My job was to cut up the leather. I have to say I felt in touch with my American-Indian roots, it really felt like I was gutting a buffalo. I'm sorry, tatanka.
And this is what my buffalo looks like cut up. We also managed to get the Christmas lights down. Hey, its not April so its all good.
The yard is trashed as per normal but I did find a bit of chives and oregano in the mess of leaves. Hey, its something green and that is so much better than white snow!
Then one thing led to another and I decided we needed to reorganize ALL of our liquor. WOW, we really are drunks. Well, I decided that we needed to do something after we came back from the liquor store.
I was storing Christmas gifts and odds and ends in the cabinet. Oh and ignore the cat, he needed attention.
This is the cabinet in the rec room.
I often wonder how somethings end up in certain places. Den has his record player in the game room but the records were in the cabinet in the other room.
Once we had a game plan, we stared gathering up the liquor from all of the hiding places we had in the house.
In boxes in the game room.
And in a few cabinets in the kitchen. Even Den started laughing because we just kept remembering more places where we had liquor stashed. We even had some mixed in with our 2 liters of pop. We decided to leave a few things in the frig. Hey, who wants warm Boones?
And done! We grouped what we could together. The Russians and the Mexicans got the entire center section. I hope they continue to get along.
Den was a good sport about reorganizing but maybe it was because we kept tasting all the different alcohol. I mean really, we earned a drink or five after that project.
And everything has a new home. I'm thinking that I need to clean out the gift closet next. Sigh, that one will be a beast. Maybe if I get Den to taste a bunch of different alcohols he will be more willing to help with the gift closet.
On Sunday, we were going to kick back and powerview Stargate and eat roast. Maybe drink a bit but that is a given. Then my MIL called and my SIL and her hub and my nephews made it in early and they wanted to know if we wanted to come over for dinner. Sure, I mean every one cooks their roast for 8 hours.
The boys found my MIL's guitar and Den tried his best to teach Justin. The child picked his nose more than the guitar.
Andrew slapped it a few times and then went back to doing what he does best, kicking his brother. I normally don't get involved in other people's childrens fights but an all out war was about to break out. Damn those kids are cute.
And now I'm off to rest and possible plot what I'm going to reorganize next weekend. Or what we should drink.
Spent,
Sonya Ann
















10 comments:

slugmama said...

Hey thanks!
Now I know just where to make a beeline for when I get to your house.......cabinet in the rec room but if I get thirsty I can make a stop in the living room at the liquor cabinet. ;-)

Cheapchick said...

Holy liquor cabinet. Booze is so freaking expensive here in Canada that would be about $2000 worth lol.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'll just get you a cot and you can sleep in the front room by the drinks. You are a goof.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Looks like you are going to have to make an alcohol run. Come stay with me and then load up on the drinks.

Elephant's Child said...

Drat you. Now you have made me realise just how many cupboards and rooms and boxes have booze in them here.
Pretty certain that I don't have anwhere big enough to keep them together either. A subtle (but effective) way to tell a person she might just might have a problem...

McVal said...

Holy cow!!! That is a LOT of booze... And yes, I'm shamed. ;) It's probably the same with Leon and his Legos. If we put them all in one place, it'd fill one small room at least a foot deep.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I have to say that this has really helped us get our drink on faster. That probably isn't a good thing.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You are so sweet and wholesome and me not so much. You talk about Legos and I talk about liquor.

Frances said...

I feel liquor deprived! What is the opposite of a lush?...That's me.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I think there is a law against being sober too long. Stop breaking the law and drink.