Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Most Boring Tuesday Review


No, I'm not pregnant. It's just a bit boring around here. Not that I'm complaining or anything. In my book, exciting usually means catastrophe.
Both of the kids are home. You would think that there would be a lot to write about but they pretty much are lumps either on the couch or in bed.

DJ is on spring break and I get to drive him back on Sunday. Yeah for another 12 hour round trip drive. It seems that no matter what I do, I hit rush hour in Indianapolis ever FLIPPING TIME! The only good thing about driving DJ is Captain D's in Muncie. If you ever get a chance, try the shrimp skewers. Hey, how about you drive DJ back and I'll buy you lunch? Yes, that sounds like a great plan.
This picture is a blast from the past. It was from Anna's senior year in high school. It was their last powder puff football game. She was quite the force to be reckoned with.
This is Anna's last visit for a while. She will be leaving in about 2 weeks for California. Sigh. We do have a plan though. We are going to fly to Vegas and it will only be a 4.5 hour drive for her to meet us there. And on the off chance that California doesn't work out, they will be heading to Phoenix, it is about a 4 hour drive for them to meet us in Vegas from Arizona. I would hate to book a flight to California and find out that she moved. That's kind of how things work with Anna. Bless her. Vegas is a better bet for us. LOL.
She also texted me before she came home that she found a place for $550 a month. Den was like, well which will be first and how long before, being robbed, raped or killed. DJ said we sound like a morbid Price is Right. I'll choose 2 weeks and the next contestant will choose 2 weeks and 1 day. She forgot to tell me that $550 was her part, the total for the month was $1650. Again Bless her. And not too long after that she told me that she bought plane tickets for her friends. WTF!!!!! How does she have money for that!!! Again, she left out the part that they will be helping them drive out there and then they were paying for their return tickets. Oh well, that doesn't sound so bad when it is explained. I'm trying to learn to take my pure panic down a notch with her. It's more like detective work.
I got nothing for my sad little Christmas fund but I did pick up some candles super cheap. I just need to save not spend money. Remind me of that.
And that's all I have for you unless you want to come and help me do the ever growing mounds of dishes and laundry. Not that I have started complaining, I did miss them both. But by the end of the week, I'm sure I will have something to say about the glasses that are stuck to the shelf in DJ's room.
Cleaning detective,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

joe said...

Are you sure you're not pregnant????

Cheapchick said...

I am trying not to spend this week too - difficult! Life is so full of spending hazards. 12 hour drive yuck, the Vegas idea to see your daughter is much better. Kids never give you the full picture - that is for sure.

Practical Parsimony said...

Don't you just hate the detective work with kids? This all sounds so complicated for my exhausted brain. That seems to be one hellacious trip to drive him back to school. Good luck on that. You are so funny.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love the way your brain works. Fly somewhere an equal distance from either location they might and have fun in the meantime! Fantastic logic!

Elephant's Child said...

The Chinese curse 'May you live in interesting times' has always sounded like hell to me. Boring is good.
Driving a zillion miles and having your worry buttons danced on is NOT good.
Good luck.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-If I was pregnant, I would be homeless. Den is so done with having kids.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I wish that it was as easy to save as it was to spend.
Yes, I'm loving the idea of HAVING to go to Vegas!

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-My kids don't spell things out for me. I have the feeling that it will never change. And thanks for the well wishes on driving DJ, I hope it doesn't snow.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Most people are scared of my brain. LOL
Now I just need to find a way to fund 5 or 6 trips a year.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I have never heard that one. But it about sums up this life.

Janie Junebug said...

The yawning baby is adorable. The Hurricane is always out and about and headed who knows where. I've given up on worrying about her.

Love,
Janie

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Some kids just have to be moving or they aren't happy. Shhhh, I was one of those kids too.

McVal said...

lol! I think we have dishes stuck to shelves around here too...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I have a pile in the sink and various glasses everywhere. It never ends.

Jane said...

I've learned (the hard way) that my 24 year old daughter speak entirely different language....well, the words are the same but they have an entirely different meaning. When she says "forever" for example it really only means a couple of days. Hence, $550 really means $1650!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Hmmmmmm, they speak the same language then. And you and I are versed in the old school language. I'm fine with old school, it seems to make more sense.

Frances said...

That is why I get info about our kids from Facebook. They post more on there than they ever tell us. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It's all piece-meal with her. She makes me crazy.