Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pickled, Nuclear Panties

My freezer pickles are done! So what do I do when they are done? I give them away. Maybe this is why I can't get our grocery bill down. No really, I'm fine with giving them away. We have a lot of wonderful people in our life and they need some pickles as repayment. Two of the ladies that Den works with spoil him rotten. Hey, someone has to be nice to him. They feed him all of the time. So I try and send a little something every once in a while for them. And then my inlaws looked like they needed some pickles. And my awesome neighbor that dug us out a few times when the snow was really deep was in desperate need of pickles. The good news is I have gotten rid of quite a few glass jars. They were falling out of the cabinet when I opened the doors under the sink.
Den found this massive grapefruit at the supermarket and said we had to try it. It's real name is Pomelo but I'm thinking it is a normal grapefruit that was raised by a nuclear power plant. I put it next to the window cleaner and a normal grapefruit just so you could see the size difference. The bowl jumped in the picture of its own accord.
It was $2.99 for that sucker. It was easy to peel and had quite a bit of fruit. It was a bit drier than normal grapefruit and didn't have the bite that a normal grapefruit has but it was good. I won't pay that much again for a grapefruit on steroids though. Den I'm not sure about. And now you know why I can't seem to hold the grocery bill at $100 a week. It's the grapefruit.
I read this recipe for an awesome drink that we all need to try. I just can't remember where I read it at. Sorry to the person that posted it, I hope your knickers get dropped.
Its called Panty Droppers. I know how bad and how much fun does it sound?!?!?!
1 bottle of vodka
5-6 bottle of cheap lite beer
2 frozen concentrate pink lemonade
Mix, drink and drop your drawers.
This is so going to the top of the To Do List. I may need to get a few people over to help me drink it all. Maybe.
Messed up,
Sonya Ann


12 comments:

slugmama said...

Well that recipe was fine until you said lite beer....lol

I am sure we two could polish off that concoction without any outside help.

I have lots of empty glass jars. Come here and let's make pickles.(Pickles being code for "drink".) ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-The vodka should cover the beer taste. LOL
Bahahaha, pickles=drinking. What doesn't equal drinking in our vocabulary? God, I miss you.

Elephant's Child said...

Beer? Bleah. Only good for hair washing purposes.
The vodka on the other hand...
And I love the generosity of your pickly donor drive. And the room it will give you in the cupboard.

Practical Parsimony said...

So, now you are inviting people to panty dropping parties. Give us a report on that...with pictures.

That is nice of you to repay kindness with food. Are you Southern?

Cheapchick said...

We made that recipe back in my 20's camping. Make sure to have lots of ice. We called it SKIP AND GO NAKED :) It is bloody tasty. Makes me want to whip a batch up! My Christmas savings has stalled so will wait till next month to post it lol

Jane said...

Lemon gin always did it for me!

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I really need to start getting rid of stuff. Den never feels the same way about it that I do.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-You made me think of the one panty-less scene in Fried Green Tomatoes.
My dad was from Mobile so its in the blood as my Aunt says.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm starting to wonder if I can handle SKIP AND GO NAKED.
Yeah, my Christmas money is sad this year.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I've never tried gin. Now tequila on the other hand..................

Frances said...

Hmmm...I would leave out the beer in that drink.

Would love some pickles!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Something has to dilute the vodka.