Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sick, Cured, And Gone Tuesday

Have I got a lot to catch you up on!!!!! Kick back, this may take a while.
GOOD NEWS! Den's dad is cancer free, as the doctor put it. We are all so relieved. He was upset before surgery, rightfully so and said that no one was to come to the hospital. I shrugged. Its not my place to get in this fight. Den took off work and said we were going. So I suggested that we go to the hospital after his dad was in surgery and we sit with his Mom. So that's what we did. She was so very grateful and quite pitiful. It broke my heart on so many levels, it also scares me about what is to come. They are getting older. And......ok, I'll stop there. It's upsetting to continue down this path. Anyways, he is doing well.
Den, Donna and I picked up some nasty super bug from all of our time at the hospital. We were there close to 10 hours and were exposed to God knows what. I had such a high fever at one point that it really and truly felt as if my eyeballs were heating up. I can say that I never felt that sensation before in my life. I found some antibiotics in the cabinet and that helped IMMENSELY.
I thought my get well gift the little bear with the bandaids on his privates was funny. I mean how could you suffer when you have that bear to look at.
Den was insistent that we get the "You're #1" balloon. He wrote on the balloon, I know its your favorite finger, dad. We ooze class.
FYI, don't get sick around us, we will probably just poke fun of you.
Anna is now a Californian. Having my eyeballs boil was a good distraction from my heartache. She is happy and is on the adventure of her life. I was shocked how she came up with a working plan and saved a ton of cash to get them there. Hmmmmmm, amazing how she could SAVE MONEY when she had to pay for it.
I'll hopefully see her in April when we go to Vegas. And they are coming home in June for a wedding so I should be able to hold it together for a while. I just hope that when DJ spreads his wings he doesn't end up on the east coast. I don't think that I would ever be able to collect enough miles to fly them back and forth and visit them too.
There was a bit of worry about both of their cars making the LONG drive but they did without incidence. Anna brought both of the cars into a shop to check them out before they left Charleston. She even had a coupon. Bless her, not the shop. They wanted $500 to change her timing chain and do an oil change. They wanted $600 to replace Scott's oil pan. Anna called Den quite upset. Den said the timing chain is normal maintenance for a car over 100k miles and wasn't that bad of a price but it could wait. Anna said Scott's car wasn't leaking oil at all. Anna is the car guy in their relationship. She is like me. Hard to believe but I was the one that did all of the car maintenance when Den and I first got together.  Den worked with a mechanic for years and he took Den under his wing and taught him about cars on the weekends. Mike(the mechanic) has saved us tons of money over the years with the knowledge that he gave. I always say a prayer of thanks for Mike when Den fixes a car. I also pray that Den doesn't kill us. Den and Mike once caught a car on fire. That was crazy. And then there was the time that Den had gas spraying out of the side of the motor because everything wasn't in place. Bless him.
And that's all you get from me. I'm going to try and do a few things around the house and not think about Anna or the future or my cold or my eyeballs. Maybe I should just start Happy Hour now. It would cure so many things.
Tired,
Sonya Ann

18 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I hope you feel better soon - so glad about Den's Dad. He must have the same sick sense of humor as you guys :) Hubby thinks he is mechanically handy but...not so much. I am the technical go to person - I can visualize the way something should be and fix it that way where he can't. He is one of those guys who has to measure 3 x before he makes a cut. I just eyeball it.

joe said...

Good news about Den's dad (:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Very happy for your FIL's diagnosis. Also glad y'all used a little snarkiness in the hospital. I love the bear and bandaid.

Having adult kids across the country becomes bearable and an adventure after a while, until grandkids come. Then it becomes torture, but there is always FaceTime.

slugmama said...

Ya see?
Didn't I tell ya the FIL would be fine?! 8-)

And just when are you going to fit in coming to see ME this Summer??

Somebody has to come here and help me drink all this booze....

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-You have a good eyeball. Haha.
We are all so pleased about his dad. They did find cancer in some of the lymph-nodes they removed so they are going to decide what to do next.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-Yes it is!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-His dad needed a pick me up or maybe we were the ones. LOL
Don't even talk about grandkids. I don't think I could handle that on so many levels.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Yes, you are all knowing. LOL
I need to come up with a ton of cash for all the things that I want to do. I may need to win the lotto. Can I put that on the to do list?

Practical Parsimony said...

You have lots of good news today, except for boiling eyeballs. My friend once told me not to come to the hospital for a colonoscopy. I showed up at 5:30. He became teary-eyed, saying he did not really think I would come. There are some people close enough to me that I ignore them when they say not to come. It appears mil really needed you both.

Kids become careful when the money spent is theirs. I am always amused. Good luck on the boiling eyeballs.

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful news about Den's father.
I love that you ignored him and offered that necessary support to his mother. Den's dad was being looking after by the hospital, she really needed that support.
And I don't think much of your distractions from your own worries. Boiling eyeballs? Bleah. Next time choose to get drunk instead.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-My eyeballs aren't boiling today but I'm super dizzy. This is a bad bug/sinus infection.
My FIL was happy to see us after surgery. I think he didn't want us to see him when he was weak. But I did hang back a bit before going in his room. I figured if he was going to be mad about it, Den and Donna would get his wrath. But he was all drugged up on happy juice.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I'm with you on the drunk part but I think I will wait a few days before I hit the bottle. Yup, I'm that ill.

Jane said...

Timing chain, oil pan?? That's why I need "my guy" - I never heard of those things before!! Having that knowledge is priceless.
Glad Den's dad is doing ok - he'll be poking that finger in the nurse's backside before you know it!

Frances said...

So happy to hear about Den's dad!

Sorry you caught the superbug. Hope you feel better soon.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-He loved the balloon and is so happy that he is on the mend.
Anna is pretty good with cars. Mind you, whenever Den made her stand out there and watch what he was doing, she wasn't a happy camper but it was good for her.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm telling you that was a wicked bug. I would start to fall over if I moved my eyeballs. WTH?!?!?!

rivulet said...

Oh my goodness I just went through the same eyeball thing! HORRID!!! I hope you are totally through it.

Great to hear about Den's dad!

Sonya Ann said...

rivulet-That was the craziest thing that has ever happened with a sold with me.
Thank you for stopping over!