Thursday, March 5, 2015

Those Women

I may be turning into one of those women. You know the kind, the ones that spend stupid amounts of time on silly little projects, like organizing and making everything all cutsie. Ok, to be completely honest, I have LONGED to be one of them but my kids and husband were stopping me. I know that you aren't supposed to say that they are ruining our lives and making messes but I'm being Oprah honest. They kinda suck the life out of us. And they don't seem to be bothered by it. Rat bastards.They really ruined the image that I had in my head of what kind of mother/wife I would be. I wanted someone to see my house and all the cute things and be like, "WOW, I'm so jealous and I so want to be you." I mean doesn't everybody long to be a fat, unemployed housewife. My life goals are high. Like I said, be jealous.
Anywho, I managed to tape the ever living shit out of most things in DJ's closet. And I even broke down and bought 3 baskets from (GULP) JoAnn Fabrics. They were $8 each even after all of the coupons.
See how much better it looks. And then I closed the doors and no one can see it. Yeah, that's about right.
If you look at the first picture, you can see that the cat was trying to get in the picture again. He's turning into my arch enemy.
And I've been making a few cards here and there. Again, I really think that I could find better uses of my time, like writing a book or something.
Faking cutsie,
That women



20 comments:

slugmama said...

I think you reversed your before and after pics.....or I need to drink more.

Be gentle with me as I am in mourning over R-A changing their rewards program. sniff

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-No I wanted the done picture first. I like to keep everyone on their toes.
And I saw the title on my feed and was just heading over to see what was going on. BUt I feel dread coming.

Cheapchick said...

Stop it woman - you are making us look bad! Our closet is pink - yeah, we painted the rest of it out of the house but didn't feel like unloading everything out of the closet, keep saying we are going to do it and it never gets done. Plus, it is loaded up with tons of crap - nothing like that closet. I too wish for organized spaces - but would like someone else to come in and take care of it lol

Elephant's Child said...

Organised? Hah.
An impossible dream in this house. With no children to blame it on either. Sigh.

Jane said...

You're becoming a real basket case! Har, har...
I think it's a "cat" thing - they think they are the centre of the universe (sorta like Vegas!!) and sneak their way into every photo.

Jenny Woolf said...

I don't even close the doors of mine. The stuff proudly spills out.

We are: Clamco said...

Dead giveaway that you're not really a cutsie woman....you didn't use the word "vignette" once in your post. ;-)

Janie Junebug said...

Good for you. Organization makes my life easier. I like having a pretty house. It's nicely decorated, not cute. I'm cute, though. Willy Dunne Wooters says I'm pretty. He's gonna get some good lovin' this weekend because I adore him.

Love,
Janie

Practical Parsimony said...

I would go for just neat. Cutsie is irrelevant right now. It used to be neat and cute!

McVal said...

I'm with you! If so many danged people didn't live in my house, I'd be SO organized!!! Darn people.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-We have never painted the inside of our closets and we have been here over 20 years. Wow, I'm old and a slob. I'm sure that if we ever move, I'll do it for the next person because I'm nicer to them than me.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I just want to know how everything gets away from us. My junk drawer is out of control. Really, I'm a bit scared that I will lose a finger.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Bahaha, your funny.
Cats and Vegas, both I love and can't stand at times.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Hahaha, just kick it under the bed.

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-Wow, that was way too fancy of a word for little ol' me.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Yes, I'm sure that you are super cute! I have always been clean and organized but with the kids being gone, it actually stays the way that I left it. What a gift, let me tell you!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-You are adorable!
I just have so much to do to get the house how I have always wanted it. Den has a theory on getting a house fixed up, you move when it is perfect.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-We just need to run away, live together and be all happy and organized.

Frances said...

I AM jealous! Some days I wish I were and unemployed housewife. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-And some days I wish I had a paycheck. LOL