Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cheaper Than Therapy

Hey look, you can't see the stain on the floor from Anna's makeup.
I'm not a shopper or a spender, this has been accepted quite some time ago. But..............
It seems I will probably not be seeing Anna or Scott when we go to Vegas. I had hoped that she would be able to drive over and we would get a day with her. But working girl said that she probably won't be able to with her new nannying job and all. I guess its good she is being responsible but I'm not happy about the distance. Oh and hey, here is an interesting article about how much babysitters are making NOT NANNIES. Some sitters are making between $20 and $25 if they don't smoke, and are CPR certified. How about nannies with degrees in LA, well they get $13 an hour. Burns me up.
As you know I have been collecting and spending but mostly collecting, Spirit airline miles. Its a hobby. Did you know you can get free miles just for doing surveys? I still like them.
Anyways, I'm cheap and won't pay for baggage for us when we fly. And I won't pay for the kids either. So I have been hitting the clearance racks for shirts and socks so they will have a few things to wear when they come home. They also won't have to worry about shampoo and stuff either. Look, I'm upset and normally spending money doesn't help my mood BUT preparing does. And preparing for them to come home gives me hope. Sigh. I'm kind of pathetic or is it pitiful?
And this is what it is like to try and take a picture around here? I push him off the dresser and step aside and he jumps up before I can get the shot. He gets yelled at a lot. It doesn't seem to effect his self-esteem either. In fact, it seems to spur him on. His name is, what the hell is wrong with you?
Shopaholic,
Sonya Ann


16 comments:

slugmama said...

Nice chemise tops....I wonder what pants DJ will wear with them? ;-)
SmartAss Cousin Sluggy

joe said...

You're neither pathetic or pitiful. You're awesome, dammit

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think it will pair well with a skirt.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-Big kiss to you! I'm sort of dragging bottom. It's getting harder to accept that she isn't coming back.

Cheapchick said...

Kind of sad but reality. Our kids are scattered all over. Don't know when we will see my oldest stepson who is in the military, last saw him in October. There is a very remote (5%) chance he could get stationed here in our military town when done basic training - but more likely Ontario which is clear across the country. Wine helps :)

Haddock said...

Like those colours of the tops.

Elephant's Child said...

Everything in this house has a patina of cat hair.
With the decoration those tops are getting before your girl sees them they will speak loudly to her of home.

Anne in the kitchen said...

You will get used to the kids being far away. It sucks but it is the reality of life. Just plan occasional trips to see your daughter and Facetime in the gaps. It is not the same but at least you can see and speak in real time.

Oh yeah, when you plan trips make sure you go when your weather is at its worst. We have found a visit to Oregon in August is fantastic. We leave the intense heat and humidity behind for a week of fabulous!

McVal said...

Awe... what the hell is wrong with you is SO cute!!! And very photogenic!

Ryan makes roughly 8-9 dollars an hour at Staples... $13 is not to be sneezed at. No one pays $20-25 an hour around here unless they're celebrities and we don't have TOO many in Iowa. They've moved to California where they can have a midwestern nanny.

Jane said...

LOL - my cats are called "Get down from there" and "That's not food!" You're far from pathetic - at least you're not buying baby clothes yet....are you??

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Wine seems like the answer to a lot of things. Or vodka. I have found that I like UV. It's a tad bit dangerous.

Sonya Ann said...

Haddock-Well thank you! I hope that Anna likes them too.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I may shave them bald soon, they are starting to shed. I wonder how hard it would be to hold them down and take a razor to them.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-My plan was to miss CA in the summer when all of the kids were out of school. Disneyland would be less crowded. Good idea about planning trips too. It helps and so do the kind comments. :)

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Be careful I may ship what the hell is wrong with you to you!
I honestly, think that he was looking for someone with midwestern morals. Not that we have great morals in this family but he said that he was looking for a strong female that his daughter could have as a role model. Hahahaha, Anna a role model.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Well shit, you made it worse. No I'm not buying baby clothes. Thank the maker.