Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Not As Much Fun Mashup

Last weekend sucked compared to Greek Turkey Mashup. It was all work and not enough drinkies.
Den is starting to scare me. Normally, I am the one that comes up with a project list and then he nods and we might get one thing done. He is now coming up with a massive list. It even includes brick making. Who knows, maybe I will finally find something that I am good at.
This is a shot from the upstairs landing. You can see half a cat and the banister. I haven't carved up the cat yet. He just didn't have time to get all of himself in the shot. Even if I did carve up the cat, I wouldn't do it on the carpeting. I'm a clean person, ya know.
DJ, bless his destructive heart, would run down the stairs as a child and teenager, catch the end of the banister in the kitchen and use his momentum to twirl around and dismount so he could run down the stairs into the rec room. He has never been a light child and the force of many years of gymnastics has yanked it out of the wall upstairs. I'll be honest, if you come to my house, DON'T HOLD ON TO THE RAILING. It won't save you.
Den has decided that it needs to be completely replaced. I say bigger anchors for the wall. I looked at the railing in Menards and its the same as we have now. So why man, why?
This is the world's crappiest fence. It's actually the neighbor's fence but he is unemployed and so is his wife so we will be buying the fencing. They had a kid's party this weekend for their granddaughter. We weren't invited. It wasn't a Greek party so I don't think I missed much.
I know what your thinking, I'm psychic like that, if he has money for a bouncy house, why not a fence? Sigh.
This is the first thing that I planted this season, some old green onions that I had in the frig. I was so excited!
Den straightened bricks, mulched and weeded all weekend. He lovingly pulled the green onions that I had just planted.
I did what everyone else did this weekend, I dejunked EVERYTHING! Really, I kept seeing on people's blogs and on Facebook about how everyone was getting rid of everything. Then bringing it to Goodwill.
This is a lovely shot of the top of our closet. It was a miserable project. One thing led to another and all of a sudden EVERY closet in the house was open with a massive pile of junk on the floor. I left and came back in and saw the devastation with clear eyes. I went ape shit on our belongings.
I did realize that my obsession with baskets is a good thing. I eventually found a home for every basket that I had collected and the good news is I NEED MORE! I will be collecting more all summer from garage sales.
I have never been a fan of this house because of the lack of closet space. But if I would just step up my game a bit and organize better, its not so bad.
I hung all of my boots and put my bracelets in a cute basket that didn't have a home. So much neater! I don't have before pictures because this wasn't a planned thing, I sort of woke up and every closet was gutted. I do the damnedest things sober.

Anna is loving California. Her job not so much. We all saw that one coming. On one hand, I told her it was a bad idea to nanny. It's a waste of a degree. But then on the other hand, she is following her dream and she isn't sponging off of us. She is making it on her own. I'm proud just worried. So the normal mom thing.
The little 12 year old girl that she is watching is a monster. The son is an angel. And the father is, well the biological father of the daughter for sure. In the beginning of the conversation with Anna, I was like stick it out. By the end, I was like find something now. The little girl has tantrums and screams, yells and throws things. She started needling Anna right away. She told Anna, she was so ugly that she should get plastic surgery. Anna shrugged it off. Then she started shoving her. Anna told her off but it is escalating. When they are in public, she shoves Anna into people trying to get Anna in a fist fight. Nice kid. Den said that girl would have found herself shoved into a pile of dog shit. He wouldn't make it 5 minutes as a nanny. Pray for Anna girl.
And that's all I got!
Needs a fun weekend,
Sonya Ann






22 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Wholly organizing! Den weeded your green onions lol. Oh well, at least those are cheap at the grocery store. Poor Anna - you couldn't pay me enough money in the world to be a nanny. My 4 stepkids were enough - and I even love those little *X#*s :)

slugmama said...

"I'll be honest, if you come to my house, DON'T HOLD ON TO THE RAILING."

Yah, I can vouch for that! lolz

Let's put your new found brickmaking skills to the test.....come here and pave my new fire pit area.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I do feel sorry for Anna. She is trying to make a life. Ahh, the grownup world.
I'll be planting more green onions. let's see how long Den lets them live here.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Yeah, that is a bit of fun, isn't it?
I'm working on my yard first, deary.

Sheila said...

I LOLed at this: "money for a bouncy house, why not a fence?"

I have missed so much, Anna is in CA? Oh the palm trees!!! Thanks for the laughs.

Anne in the kitchen said...

The neighbor thing is interesting. We had a similar situation and wound up putting up a fence just on our side of our neighbors fence. Aesthetically I like ours better anyway.

I suggest your daughter learn the oompa loompa song, especially the brat part. It might keep her sane while she looks for another job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0zZttfUaw

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, weeding your onions away. I think you should get divorced.

Anna will probably look back on this monstrous 12 year old in years to come when she has her own 12 year old and be glad that she learned to deal with the worst that girlhood can offer.

Jane said...

Hey Sluggy you're going with my firepit idea?? :)
Yes, I thought that about the fence and the bouncy house - you're scaring me!
Anna's going to have to develop a thick skin with that girl - yikes!

Frances said...

Poor Anna, learning so young that jobs can suck. Hope she finds something better soon.

Practical Parsimony said...

I would turn the meanest face ever on that kid and make her walk in front of me. She could actually hurt Anna. BRAT!

That is sooo funny that he lovingly pulled up the onions.

Seriously, I would yell at that kid before I quit. Scare the little shit to death with stories of being tried as an adult...lol.

Jill said...

Closet looks great! I have a long list or reorganization that needs to be done here. Got any spare time? LOL Oh no...poor onions, but the rest of his work looks great :-) I feel for your daughter as I have worked with kids for many years. Sounds like she is definitely testing her. Hope things get better for her soon.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-Yup Anna moved to CA. She has always wanted to move there. All things considered, it was a pretty easy transition. They had banked enough money to carry them for a while. But since she got a job right away that helped.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-We have a tree that is stopping us from putting a fence on our side. Plus we are on a hill so ours would be lower. I just don't see how people can do things like that.
I'll tell her that. It is probably better to be thinking about that song than what is really running through her head.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-He did look embarrassed afterward.
I asked her last night what she was thinking when she wanted ot do this. It is one of the worst jobs out there. She said that she wanted to be with kids and thought it would be fun. SHe's too young to know the ways of the world.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Hell, I might build a fire pit if I learn how to make bricks.
I think Anna got a new job for $20 an hour. I just hope this child is better.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-They are a bit too violent. Its getting out of control.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-She is going to get Anna into a fist fight. How do people let their kids act like that? I don't care how much money they have, you don't let your kids run wild. You are just hurting your child in the long run.

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-I was so proud that I got so much done and then I realized that there is so much more to go. Sigh. So is life.
Kids are difficult as it is but a rich kid that is never told no, is a bit too much.

joe said...

Please don't carve up the cat

Sonya Ann said...

joe-It may happen. ;p

Treaders said...

Good Lord that 12 year old sounds like a real brat. I have to admit that is the impression (probably not fair) that we foreigners get about the west-coasters, but what the hell. Did the parents never yank the kid on one side and explain who exactly was the boss. But to be honest, it sounds like the kid never even got that much attention! Sad times when kids can't be kids because parents can't be bothered to be parents. I love my kids to bits but I think the "death look" from me when they were little was enough! Don't quite know why or how it worked but it seemed to. I hope things work out for her, otherwise leave those irresponsible parents to the misery of their own making. Anna (in France)

Sonya Ann said...

Treaders-Yeah and everyone here too thinks that they are out of control on the west coast. And my Anna will back that up. She has had it.
I think the dad just wants her dealt with. He doesnt want to bother with the bad behavior. He has therapists doing that. he wanted Anna to fix his kid but won't let her do anything to discipline her. She is headed for rehab!
And thank you so much for coming to visit me.