Thursday, April 16, 2015

What Having No Life Looks Like

I'm adjusting well to a very boring life. It's much easier to adjust to the kidless life than it is to a kid life.
So when you have nothing to do, you boil candles. Actually, I wanted the glass jar. Really, it might be an obsession. Soap, jars and baskets, I can't seem to stay away from. I must have been dirty without anything to store things in in my last life.
Anywho, if you want to get the little bit of wax out of a jar just boil it and it will slide right out. See some useful things come about from visiting me. 
It almost looks good enough to eat. Almost. But it does smell good enough to eat. And then Den got involved and said that I should save the wax and make a new candle. So I put the wax back in the jar that I just got it out of and threw it under the sink. I guess I will save up a bunch of wax and make something new. Or just leave it under there until Den goes to get something and all my jars spill out. Then he will recycle them. He lacks the vision that I have.
And since nothing else goes on around here, we decided to have a taste test. Coke with real sugar verses Pepsi with real sugar. I chose the Coke and he chose Pepsi. I thought they tasted a bit flat but maybe that was because they were missing the rum. Maybe we should try that again.
A friend stopped over one night and I answered the door holding a bottle of vodka. Bless her, she joined me in drinking dinner. Den shook his head and decided not to try and keep up. It went something along the lines of vodka, smirnoff ice, vodka, smirnoff ice, vodka, tequila.  Hey, it was a 6 course meal. See I can cook a good meal.
Tasting liquor,
Sonya Ann



22 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Maybe you can make a liquor scented candle. It would burn well, at any rate.

Cheapchick said...

That is my kind of cooking and it wouldn't be such a drag to meal plan :) I like rum with real pepsi - and lime wedge of course. Cheers!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-It would be a good idea while I was drinking but I bet I would burn the house down.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Drinking all your meals would make for an easy cleanup. But I think your liver would tap out after a few weeks.

slugmama said...

I very rarely drink that carbonated sugared water anymore.
Now and again a Coke or a Root Beer(my carbonated drink of choice besides sparkling wines).
My Granny was a Pepsi fan...big time.

You know what is awesome with lemonade?
SoCo.
Ask me how I know......

Jill said...

Looks like you are very busy ;-) I stopped drinking soda for my health... it's so bad for you :-( Now I drink lemon water every day and actually feeling better...though it's not exciting lol Have a great day!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I know drinking soda is bad for you and all that, but about once a weekI have a Zevia ginger root beer (stevia sweetened) and really like it. I would love a real coke in one of the smaller greenish bottles, so cold it has ice crystals in the top. Or is this just something that would not be as good as I remembered. (like ding dongs or foil wrapped chocolate ice cubes)

If I had a 6 course meal like, I would fall asleep (passed out) wherever I was sitting/standing/leaning

joe said...

So did you eat it?????

Elephant's Child said...

The clean-up after those meals is pretty good too.
And don't talk to me about saving wax to make new candles. I have boxes and boxes of the stuff. Probably not going to be a happening thing.

Practical Parsimony said...

I rarely drink Diet Coke Caffeine Free Coke anymore. It tastes bad. I usually drink the regular Coke now. Since I had walking pneumonia, things taste differently than before. However, even though I am drinking regular Coke, I drink much less than before.

Liquor in Coke just ruins both drinks. I prefer Coke and OJ or vodka and OJ. It has been about 15 yrs since I had a drink, so it is mainly OJ and Coke.

Today, I gave away basket and jars so I can collect more.

Frances said...

I used to have vodka dinner! I was much more exciting in a previous life. LOL!

joe said...

I'd choose Coke over Pepsi any day

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-I have an infuser that I use for mostly water. I did infuse Smirnoff Ice and that was AMAZING! We normally don't drink pop but since it had real sugar and we hadn't had it in a while it was a fun throwback test.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Den and your granny would get along.
How do you know?

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-It seems that everything is bad for you anymore. I have never heard of foil wrapped chocolate ice cubes. I think this is a recipe(?) you have to share.

Sonya Ann said...

joe-It would probably make you poop.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I really like the easy clean up after drinking my meals unless I throw up. The clean up is worse.
I swear I really am going to make some candles. One day.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I've been sick before and it changed the taste of food for me too. It's such a strange thing.
When I was a kid, it was a treat to get pop. Kinda brought me back to that.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-That life did sound exciting!

Sonya Ann said...

joe-:)

Jane said...

I think you could possibly get rid of your plates. And bowls. All you need are glasses...and lots of them!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-You are brilliant!