Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gift Card Winner and a Loser's Tale

How pretty is this? It was taken at the Bellagio.
The sad news is we were losers. It was a lot of fun and it was great to see Anna and Scott but the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight ruined a lot of our plans. In order for me to get cheap flights, I have to book about 9 months out. And then they scheduled the fight. It was crazy busy at a level I didn't even think possible. We were just lucky to get a room for the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were pretty much a bust. Anna and Scott brought their roommate for us to meet. He was great and I'm glad that they are all getting along.
We walked the strip for a little while on Sunday with them but it was hard to get around. I do miss Anna but it seems like she is doing well. I guess she won't be coming home.
The good news is Random.org likes Rachel from Living Better One Day At A Time the best. I'll send you an email, Rachel.
I'm standing in a mess here and I'll start posting on Monday or so. My wonderful inlaws picked DJ up from college since I didn't bother to check when he would be getting out of school when I booked the flights. DJ has been in charge of his stuff and the house since we left. Bless him, he tried. The good news is the cats are live, the closets well not so much.
Missed you,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

rivulet said...

Welcome home :)

Frances said...

Sorry you were a loser. Glad the cats are alive. Really sorry Rachel won as that means I will have to spend my own money on my Amazon order. LOL!

Practical Parsimony said...

It looks like you are the lucky person on whose blog I can comment. I am having so much trouble commenting or writing a blog post. I am glad you got to see Anna and see she really is well. I know how much you have missed her.

Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back.

Anne in the kitchen said...

You did pick a crazy weekend to be there! And I am crazy because TheHUb paid for the fight and I watched every round. And I hate boxing!

I know you loved seeing your daughter and had a great time in spite of all the hoopla. Welcome home, we missed you!

Rachel said...

Welcome home! Sorry things didn't go as you planned.

Thanks so much for the amazon gift code! As much as the last 2 weeks have stunk around here, that really brightened my day! :)

Cheapchick said...

I can't imagine the zoo Vegas would have been. Glad you made it home with your house still standing lol. Since you didn't win that just means you have to go back at some point again.

slugmama said...

I am glad my sistah from another muthah is home!

Sorry the fight ruined your trip and the slots were tight.
But good you got to see Anna and got to drink.
Now let's get planning on our trip this Summer!

Jill said...

That is beautiful! Welcome back :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

Welcome home! You got to see Anna so it wasn't a total bust :)

McVal said...

L is for LOSER! That is SO last year... Everyone knows that... Well, I guess not EVERYONE!

SOrry - teen movies pervade my life and I know all the quotes...

I'm glad you got to see your baby girl!!! But kind of sad for you that she's happy there. Darn it.

Cheapchick said...

You ok? Miss your posts :)

Frances said...

Where are you? We are missing you!

rivulet said...

I'm joining in the crowd... it's been awhile. Hope all is well, fabulous even.
You off having too much fun somewhere to get to blogging?

rivulet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Practical Parsimony said...

Did you and slugmama run away together?