Thursday, June 25, 2015

Boxes, Bags And Bins

I'm moving right along with my reorganizing/dejunking mess. I have to say it is getting easier. I'm being a bit ruthless but we never could keep a lot just because we didn't have the space for it. I'm enthusiastic but I haven't gotten under Anna's bed yet. All my excitement may end there.
I'm really happy with my stash.
And this was the messy before!
This little pile was in the bottom of the hall closet. It is where I kept the extra pens/paper/crayons for the kids. Oh I just remembered something...............................
Hahaha, why do I always get off topic?
In the back of the closet, I found this little gem of 2 year old Anna. Not sure what to do with it, maybe give it to her when she gets a home. Like she is ever going to settle on one place!
So much better! The baggies were pretty organized but this looks better. Now to convince Den that we need to cull the game population. Dirty minds will stay, don't worry.
Anna's closet is still a work in progress plus it is storing some of DJ's college gear so it will be a while before I get it just right but it is better.
I have discovered a few things about this family though because of the dejunking....................
We are a bunch of nerds!!! I always knew it but I had no idea the extent. Most of the boxes and bins in the house contain books. There are books stashed away everywhere. I'm thinking the Goodwill is going to get stacks of written words very soon.
What are you culling at your house? Don't say children.
Boxed not wine,
Sonya Ann









10 comments:

slugmama said...

Well we got rid of a trunk of Daughter's stuff last month....had to drive it to her but whatever. It's gone, that's the good thing. However what we couldn't fit into the car trunk is STILL HERE. sigh. So it's all going into a Rubbermaid tub and will go to Louisiana the next trip down.
I may have lost a daughter to Louisiana and a boy 2 years ago but I gained a big ass closet and her whole room to cram my crap into! woohoo!!!

When eldest son moves the end of next month, since we are going to go help him move from Pittsburgh to "wherever the hell he is going to go", we will take what he has left here with us to the move.

That just leaves College Boy and all his crap which we have to wait at least 3 more years to do anything about.
Hubs is even talking about getting rid of some of his book collection.....this is BIG! I about keeled over when he said it!!
My fabric stash is going in fits and starts and I need to go through what is left of the Sluggy collections out in the garage and rehome most of that. There are still a few things to sell on eBay here too, but I am getting down to not having anything left to declutter, believe it or not! But it's only been a 10 year process so yah, I should be about done by now, right?

BTW-under beds are good for tp storage.....ask me how I know....lolz

Cheapchick said...

Clothing - I really need to go through my closet. Other than that with a garage sale a year under our belt we are doing not too badly. I do need to figure out a way to contain dog toys though, they are all over the house. When I put them in a pile Buddy just takes them right out again.

Elephant's Child said...

Sometimes I think I need to cull with a flame thrower. That way things might stay gone. There are some problems there I will have to work on though.
And this week a book fair and a shop closing down led to more than fifty more books coming into our seriously overbooked house.

We are: Clamco said...

I have tons of photos. In boxes. In frames. In photo albums. Tons of them. I have moved them from one house to another. One day I just have to go through them and decide what to keep and what to toss. I'd like to scan them all but it would probably take me the rest of my life.
Your closets are looking good!

Frances said...

Your closets are looking really good, lady! Keep it up. Eventually, you will have no kids closets in your house. It will all be your stuff.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I feels good to get rid of everything even if it takes a long time. I'm just hoping that I will get everything just right and I won't feel the need to keep going back and redoing it.
I think your son and Anna have the same disease-don't know where they are going. But Den keeps reminding me that at least, they aren't moving back in. Love them dearly but not in a hurry to live with them again.
Maybe the key is to just keep getting rid of everything. I don't know. I think the only area that I'm really happy with is my closet. It turned out great and I don't feel the need to fix it. The hall closet, well, I have the feeling that I will never get it just right. DJ's closet is great if his crap isn't in it. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-But your fur baby is so cute how could his toys ever get in the way. ;p
It seems to be a never ending process of dragging crap in and then dragging crap out again. Perhaps dragging is the problem.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Maybe you should look into some help for your pyro tendencies. But I do understand the need to get rid of everything. I also understand seeing a good deal and not being able to let anything go. Maybe we should both be in therapy but you first, not saying you need it more but..........................

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-I could never throw out our pictures. It would feel like a sin. So I store them just like you. I have a few boxes and a massive bin downstairs, oh and I have a few in a cabinet. Yeah, that is another thing that I need to cull.
I'm really trying with the closets. We don't have a lot of closets but it seems that I can get a lot in the little bit of space that we have. Tetris, anyone?

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I would love to have perfectly organized closets and very little stuff. That's my goal but it seems it may be far away. But thank you, the compliment spurs my culling heart.